Gunco Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don?t smile often when I buy something but I did today. I?ve never been able to find ?Japan Drier? anywhere where I live and today I walked into Lowe?s (Should be across the street from your local Wal-Mart) and found that they are dropping the ?Parks? line of solvents and such. I had to smile; Japan Drier was marked down to $1.41 per 16oz can so I bought enough to last for some time. For those that don?t know, Japan Drier is used to speed-up the drying time of your stocks oil finish, and is also used in oil base paint to do the same thing. By the way, I?m told that the same Corporation that owns Lowe?s owns Wal-Mart and that?s why they?re next to each other all the time. Anyone know for sure? I think they?re both like a Cancer and are killing the small locally owned stores.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,980 Posts
I'm sorry to say oldgunner your own story tells the whole story.

At least they still deal guns-- I was happy to see what happened to K- Mart when they stopped.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,836 Posts
Winn R said:
I'm sorry to say oldgunner your own story tells the whole story.

At least they still deal guns-- I was happy to see what happened to K- Mart when they stopped.
Now all we have to do is spread it to other companies that think they want to mess with the politics of taking away a Constitutional Right. Jack
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Winn R said:
I'm sorry to say oldgunner your own story tells the whole story.

At least they still deal guns-- I was happy to see what happened to K- Mart when they stopped.

I?m sorry to say I have a Sam?s card, next year I?ll just say no to renewing it because I can pick up most stuff cheaper other places. As far as K-Mart goes they filed bankruptcy back in late 2001 and changed their gun policy in 2003 (or late 2002), Believe me I know when they filed bankruptcy because I lost my job mid February 2002. The company I worked for was one of the largest Injection Molders supplying the plastic storage bins and containers that they sold. I?ve got 27 years experience in molding and still can?t get a job. And no I don?t want to work at Wal-Mart, after 25 years as a Foreman I?d kill myself rather than be a stock boy at minimum wage. It?s not that I mind the work its just I can?t stand the stupid kids that have no idea what work is and have no pride or even care enough to do the work correctly. It would drive me nuts not being able to fire the SOB?s.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mike26038 said:
Sam Walton owns Wal-Mart, Sam's Club, and Lowes...

Sam?s dead and his Sisters are two of the richest people in the US at this time, I personally think dismantling the Wal-Mart chain would do more for this country than anything our government has done in the last 50 years. I love to see it when a city tells Wal-Mart NO F***ING WAY are you building in this town!
 

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
Joined
·
19,433 Posts
I don't like the idea of government getting involved in deciding what businesses should live or die.

People vote with their wallets. It's called free enterprise. Part of capitalism. Part of freedom.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
369 Posts
My dad lost his job and he has worked all his life. He was in the Navy for 4 years back in his younger days. It just pisses me off that no one will give him a job because he is in his mid 50s. :confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
undefined
Custer said:
I don't like the idea of government getting involved in deciding what businesses should live or die.

People vote with their wallets. It's called free enterprise. Part of capitalism. Part of freedom.
I don?t like the idea of the Government putting their two cents in when it comes to deciding if a company lives or dies either, but in this case the people are voting with their wallets to the detriment of the country as a whole. Yes Wal-Mart can beat other stores with lower prices and in the process they are buying more and more from overseas and driving down wages here. I have worked in plastics a long time like I said and have seen more than one company think that getting jobs that go to Wal-Mart or K-Mart as a great thing. They will buy all that you can make and then when they have you by the short hairs and you depend on them for all your work they step in and demand that you sell the product for less. This will cause a company to layoff and hire lower waged workers (non-English speaking) or just layoff and put larger work loads on the poor people still working. What I?m saying is that Wal-Mart can have lower prices but it?s at the cost of lower wages and lost work for Americans. When was the last time you saw one of those posters at Wal-Mart telling you how many jobs something they sell has created, I think its been about four or five years, so they know the work is going overseas.This is the last post I?ll do here on this , Lets talk guns Ok.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,325 Posts
doesn't walmart also import over 10 % of all china's exports?!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,071 Posts
Oldgunner said:
undefined

I don?t like the idea of the Government putting their two cents in when it comes to deciding if a company lives or dies either, but in this case the people are voting with their wallets to the detriment of the country as a whole. Yes Wal-Mart can beat other stores with lower prices and in the process they are buying more and more from overseas and driving down wages here. I have worked in plastics a long time like I said and have seen more than one company think that getting jobs that go to Wal-Mart or K-Mart as a great thing. They will buy all that you can make and then when they have you by the short hairs and you depend on them for all your work they step in and demand that you sell the product for less. This will cause a company to layoff and hire lower waged workers (non-English speaking) or just layoff and put larger work loads on the poor people still working. What I?m saying is that Wal-Mart can have lower prices but it?s at the cost of lower wages and lost work for Americans. When was the last time you saw one of those posters at Wal-Mart telling you how many jobs something they sell has created, I think its been about four or five years, so they know the work is going overseas.This is the last post I?ll do here on this , Lets talk guns Ok.

Points well taken Oldgunner.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top