Gunco Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just saw on the news that Jerry Orbach died from prostate cancer at the age of 69. He will be missed.

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
Who was he? :dunno:

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
There are always a few actors actresses that die around Christmas. Reggie White blew me away though. 43 years young, and a preacher as well. Very sad to leave so early.

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Oh man! Jerry was one of my favorite actors. I had no idea he was ill? I knew he retired from Law&Order this past spring as my wife and I are Law&Order junkies.

That really sucks..... I was shocked about Reggie as well, but I'm shocked when anyone in the early 40's dies.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
Jerry Orbach, the creater of the character El Gallo in the long-running musical "The Fantasticks," longtime Broadway srtar, and for more than a decade the star of "Law & Order," has died in New York of prostate cancer. He was 69.

Orbach was seated at the same table with mobster "Mad Joey" Gallo on the morning of April 7, 1972, when Gallo was gunned down in Umberto's Clam House in New York's Little Italy neighborhood. His wife at the time had been doing a magazine article on Gallo.

He also appeared in numerous Broadway musicals, including the 1970s revival of "Chicago."

But he may ultimately be best remembered for "The Famtasticks," in which he introduced the song "Try to Remember."

·
Registered
34 Posts
That is one guy that i am going to miss.

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
Jerry Orbach

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Pic of him as a young man in The Fantasticks:
http://www.thefantasticks.com/webpages/gallery/orig_duel.html

I'm old enough to say and shameless enough to say that I saw the incredibly sappily sentimental Fantasticks when it first hit LA and... liked it!

69 years old. One more year and he would have gotten the three score and 10 that the Bible promises us and would have had nothing to complain about. Resident atheist here, yet that's not meant as a joke: 70 really is my cutoff date for whether a person got a full life out of the deal or not. Anything past that is gravy.

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
Dzerzhinsky said:
69 years old. One more year and he would have gotten the three score and 10 that the Bible promises us and would have had nothing to complain about. Resident atheist here, yet that's not meant as a joke: 70 really is my cutoff date for whether a person got a full life out of the deal or not. Anything past that is gravy.
I've been into the gravy just over two years now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts