Gunco Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Loaner
5,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ANy Johnny fans here? I have American IV on my PC and decided to play it for the first time in far to many months. I remember the day I heard of his passing and after listening to the album I really thought of it as his Good Bye to us. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
508 Posts
Man I hate country music...

but I love Johnny Cash! I don't really consider his music as "country" even though it's often been catagorized as such. Definitely one of a kind. I'm not familiar with the particular title you mentioned, did it have the cover of NIN's "Hurt"? (I thought that was a spectacular cover that really came from someone who knew the lyrics all too well)

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
I always thought Josh Turner(Long Black Train) sounded similiar to ol' Johnny. But the original is still the best.

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
I like the early songs that Johnny Cash did...........but I'm more of a George Jones and Hank Williams (Senior) fan.
:smoke:

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
DorGunR said:
I like the early songs that Johnny Cash did...........but I'm more of a George Jones and Hank Williams (Senior) fan.
:smoke:
I like Johnny and George, but don't care much for Hank. :)

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
magnus392 said:
I like a lot of the older country. Most of "modern" country is Nashville Pop...NOT Country.
Yep. Some of it sounds like a mix of rap, pop, and country. I don't care for that either. :p

·
Premium Member
7,143 Posts
when I eat some of the chili or salsas that i make - I like to sing Johnny Cash the next morning. Not to sound gross - but it seems that after eating some stuff with habaneros in it the next morning I am singing "Burn, burn, burn - the burning ring of fire, the ring of fire, the ring of fire..." :D :D :D :D :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Even those of us born and bred in Brooklyn NY love the man in black! When he died I got home from work and down loaded I walk the line and listened to it about 10 times.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts