Gunco Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone had any experince with this thing? I was eyeballing the receiver from the pictures and was thinking that this may be a decent conversion rifle if there isn't something way out of line..Just wondering?
Of course the expense may out weigh the benefit, but it's another avenue.

Here's a link for those that care to see: HERE

·
Gunco Samurai
3,340 Posts
IIRC they have the magic third hole so the BATF might pay a visit if you tried to import one.

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Yes, weren't they stopped from imorptation because they were basically and AK that could be converted to a real centerfire rifle?

IRC there were posts at another forum of users who had converted them.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
they have the 3rd hols in the receiver, but I'm told it takes more work to make it fire than building one from scratch.

·
Registered
86 Posts
The picture posted from the link does not have a autosear hole and if you didn't know the BB gun barrel is the one under the large barrel disguised as the cleaning rod.

·
Registered
4 Posts
There were several models. I belive only one has a third hole and it has been determined to be a NFA item. The others have been determined to be conventional firearms. Probably more trouble than they are worth.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I see them for sale at the gunshows every now and then. The ones I have seen were not treated as anything other than the BB gun that they are, cash and carry with no paper work. But they also came with a 2-3 hundred dollar price tag. There is just no sense in paying that kind of money so you could get a "cold" receiver that you would need to tear apart so as to make a functioning gun. You would be time and money ahead to buy a flat bending jig and go that route.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
I'm a bit of an airgun nut, so I've followed this over time. There are three Junkers - the 1, 2 and 3 The pic you get from the link in this thread is to a I. The pistol grip is the grip to an actual airgun pistol that is inserted into the bottom of the receiver. On the II and III the airgun mechanism was in the magazine and the airgun had an authentic AK pistol grip.

A technical bulletin was issued out of an BATFE office that the I and II were prohibited because they met BATFE definitions of a full-auto weapon. Ekie, a very knowledgeable fellow over at Brand X, pointed out that they were nuts, and that the receiver in fact does not have the dreaded third hole. He also pointed out that the technical bulletin that was sent to FFL's on this issue was of very limited authority, really more of an advisory capacity. BATFE was silent on the III.

At any rate, about that time importation stopped because I presume nobody wanted to be the test case, and they were so pricey that I don't think they were a hot seller in the first place.

Here's a link to info on the Junker 2 and 3 from an airgun retailer:

http://www.pyramydair.com/site/manuals/yunker/

Has got to be the coolest-looking bb-gun on this planet!

If you're looking for exotic or obscure airguns, www.pyramidair.com is an excellent source. I bought a Rutten 550 air pistol and a BSA Stutzen air rifle from them, each no longer available. The Rutten is sort of like a Belgian-made Webley Tempest on steroids;the Stutzen is a full-stocked BSA Airsporter. Very pleased with both, and very pleased with the service I got. They also carry hard-to-get pellets, such as Roundkugel #9 lead balls for Schmeisser air rifles.

·
Gunco Member
728 Posts
Rule .308 said:
I see them for sale at the gunshows every now and then. The ones I have seen were not treated as anything other than the BB gun that they are, cash and carry with no paper work. But they also came with a 2-3 hundred dollar price tag. There is just no sense in paying that kind of money so you could get a "cold" receiver that you would need to tear apart so as to make a functioning gun. You would be time and money ahead to buy a flat bending jig and go that route.
Id give you the asking price plus a finders fee for one without the evil third hole.

·
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's great info! One with a folder attached to the receiver and if there are any other usable parts would have some decent value. I wouldn't buy one sight un seen, but even if it stayed an air rifle it would be a very cool thing to have.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Junkers air rifle

Id give you the asking price plus a finders fee for one without the evil third hole.
Still want one? I have one I'm thinking of listing on Gunbrokers. It's a #III and works fine and stays pressured up for days on end. Seals and o-rings must be in good shape.

·
aka: SDK1968
7,738 Posts
uh bud that was 11 years ago...

·
in the blueridge mtns
8,264 Posts
My wife reminded me today is Thursday. Eleven years ago ? She probably reminded me it was Thursday.

·
NoWorkCamp4Me
5,546 Posts
I didn't look at the date until I saw SangRunHunter. I meet with Jeff a few times.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts