Gunco Forums banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
i'm here.

(i have to type this because you have to atleast have 10 letters in your post)

·
Registered
51 Posts
just starting it

Oh we're just starting to get the concept of it.

We are probably going to go with a homemade pendulum sensor and use some circuits to make a good switch. I dont really know much about that but our mechatonics teacher is going to help us out.

Then we are thinking of actually using like a explosion to fire the roll bars. Sort of like a blank firing directly towards a piston. We just have some rough sketchs and I'm not sure if our prof will like that idea. If not then we'll probably just have a big ass spring push the bars up.

Our biggest problem will be trying to figure out some of the dynamics of the crash to figure out how much force the rollbars need to carry. I dont know if we are going to solve it statically and add a HUGE safety factor or if we can find it with dynamics, or if there is any published information about how much force the roll bar needs to hold.

·
Administrator
7,143 Posts
I'm here, looks like this will be an interesting place. Any other familar faces :) ?

·
Administrator
153 Posts
Glad to see some of the familier faces showing up.

We want your feedback, as we set this place up.
If there is a particular forum, you'd like to see added or anything like that, let us know.
We want to be very user friendly.

This place is set up on a VB format, so most of it should be familier to you, but some parts are a little different, due to the newer release date on this software.
If you have any questions please ask.

Great to see you guy's here, we've got some exciting things planned for this board, I think you're going to like.

SD

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
same name same guy NEW HOME :rockin:

·
Premium Member
5,980 Posts
I'm just a little afraid of ever joining a group that would have a member like me. :welcome:

·
Administrator
153 Posts
Sniper,

I'm glad you brought your jogging friend along with you, the place just wouldn't seem roight without Her.

SD

·
Registered
582 Posts
I am here too.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
He will probably be along shortly. He indicated to me he is busy with his new job and won't be around his computer for a couple of days. The guy is a star, we need to hear from him!!!.

By the way, :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: Rule 308, glad you are on board. Jack

·
Registered
286 Posts
scubadvr said:
He will probably be along shortly. He indicated to me he is busy with his new job and won't be around his computer for a couple of days. The guy is a star, we need to hear from him!!!.

By the way, :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: Rule 308, glad you are on board. Jack
Thanks Jack, I was jazzed to see the invite from Max. It downright made my day. I kind of figured 1-Pat had his hands full with the new job, I hope it works out for him. From his more recent posts on it it sounded like they were already back peddling on promises made :(

·
Premium Member
1,290 Posts
I also wanted to say a quick thanks for the invite as well. I have been doing a slow burn about the events over the last few days at the other board. I am glad to see a few good men have taken the intiative and started this new forum. Good Luck!

1 - 20 of 73 Posts