Gunco Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
One of our members here who still visits the other site let me know thru a PM that he had communicated with Zouave (also via PM) and that Zouave the Administrator had reinstated me as a full member of Gunsnet.

Well, being the gulible and curious type I tried logging on with a kind of silly happiness that maybe they were sane over there after all and my trivial transgression had been looked at by cooler heads and deemed unworthy of banishment.

As I attempted to log on, all seemed to be going well and the site popped up and I thought, well I'll be damned, they do have some kind of morality over there and a desire to do the right thing.

WRONG - the brief flash into the forbidden zone was once again replaced with the "the server is too busy..............". I tried the usual shit like "refresh", replacing the link in my favorites, etc.

I am totally blown away that Zouave would stoop to such stinking bottom feeder levels, especially with the very recent passing of his Father. I hope he got some kind of kick out of this sick little joke and maybe got some escape from the pain he is no doubt feeling. GG

·
Gunco Samurai
3,340 Posts
There's lots of sick puppies over there.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I'm very certain the member regrets having relayed that message, though it is possible that Zouave had done as he said, only to be overridden by another ruling member.

Anyway, this is a better site.

What I find ironic is that members here were ridden over there and accused of misbehavior, but anyone who reads the topics and replies on this Board will recognize a membership superior in quality.

·
Premium Member
6,900 Posts
AClay47 said:
What I find ironic is that members here were ridden over there and accused of misbehavior, but anyone who reads the topics and replies on this Board will recognize a membership superior in quality.
I agree with you.
I think this is due largely to the fact that We appreciate our members and treat them as adults, not as children in need of scolding.

We have had a bunch members donate voluntarily recently, without even being asked, just because they liked what they saw here.

We would never try to strong arm our members by threatening to make certain forums or features unavailable unless you pay up.

They need to change those nifty little banners under the members name from contributor to extortion victim.

Anyway, We are glad you guys have joined us here :thumbup1:

·
Code name: Felix
6,361 Posts
I agree with AClay....just look at the quality of the members we have here. I still have a lot of friends there and have nothing personal against them, I still log in to check on messages and stuff, but it has gotten too large and whenever that happens you've got problems and degradation.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I enjoy the "calm" attitudes here, not to mention all of the technical knowledge in a condensed fourm. also, it seems that everone wants to be a friend, a helping hand, here instead of acting like a smartass and try to out-top someone else's post.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Hmmmm

Yeah, I guess I've been banned too. If I clear my cache and cookies the site works fine, but if I log in, it's "server is too busy"!
That's pretty crappy, I didn't even get into it with anybody. I have noticed ALL the protest threads have been deleted. Hum. They didn't bother to warn me or let me know I was banned. Oh, well. I miss the guys in the C&R forum though.
I think anyone that spoke out against the dictatorship over there and *wasn't* an extortion victim got banned. Apparently pointing out that Thornton was an ignorant, illiterate, business challeged knuckle dragger was a bad idea. Of course, I didn't say so in so many words, but I did lead folks to that conclusion.
Some people just can't take constructive criticism.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just so there is no question, even if they did "un-ban" me over there, I now consider this my "home" of gun forums and will never go back to Goonsnet. There are some great guys in the C&R forum like Neil West, Karl in Maryland, Survivor99, etc, who treated me well, even Redstar would offer up good info if I had a question for him. I thank them for their help in getting me started in C&R's, and encourage them to come over here and share the wealth. GG

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
cammobunker said:
Yeah, I guess I've been banned too. If I clear my cache and cookies the site works fine, but if I log in, it's "server is too busy"!
That's pretty crappy, I didn't even get into it with anybody. I have noticed ALL the protest threads have been deleted. Hum. They didn't bother to warn me or let me know I was banned. Oh, well. I miss the guys in the C&R forum though.
I think anyone that spoke out against the dictatorship over there and *wasn't* an extortion victim got banned. Apparently pointing out that Thornton was an ignorant, illiterate, business challeged knuckle dragger was a bad idea. Of course, I didn't say so in so many words, but I did lead folks to that conclusion.
Some people just can't take constructive criticism.
Cammobunker, consider yourself lucky. I donated a total of $70 to the site because I was getting great information from some of the guys in the C&R forum, and still got banned because I disagreed with the strong arm tactics, and made fun of, the little nazis' inability to spell or structure a simple sentence. When he spamed me to help in the membership drive, I replied and asked for my money back since he denied me access to the site. Of course he never replied to my request. GG

·
Premium Member
6,900 Posts
Scubadvr, Winn R, Myself and I'm sure a few others, were all silver contributors when we got banned.

DimwiT knew he had nothing to lose by banning us, it was pretty obvious that He wasn't going to get another nickle, from Me at least.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I am a Silver Contributor there. Haven't been banned, yet, but I really don't post there much now, just not interested.

I contributed, because I appreciated the costs of running such a big Board, having run a major Board myself. Likely, I will contribute here, as I did there, for the same reasons.

·
Registered
98 Posts
If you made your donation by credit card you could always try to make a charge back for atleast a portion of the amount you paid him. Especially since you did not receive the service you were paying for.

packratt

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
packratt said:
If you made your donation by credit card you could always try to make a charge back for atleast a portion of the amount you paid him. Especially since you did not receive the service you were paying for.

packratt

What an idea! That would really piss them off.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
No, I'm not going to ask for a refund. I made a contribution to help that Board. I didn't ask for special treatment, additional features, or anything else. I can still post there. I just don't want to.

I doubt very much I will contribute there again.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You know what, I did pay by credit card = Visa! I'll bet I can get the whole seventy bucks denied. Is that petty and using the system, you bet! Is his penchant for banning those who disagree with him Hitler-like? Oh yeah! Did Zouave fuck with me by lying and having someone well respected here tell me that I had been re-instated, and thereby causeing trouble between folks here who are getting along fabulously (sp),- regretably, YES! Why he would do that is beyond me, but with my trusty Visa card I will carve seventy bucks out of that S.O.B., and that money will go to Gunco! Long may it prosper, and there is no doubt in my mind that, given time, the sites will change places in membership and Goonsnet will wither and die due to the ugly and spiteful nature of its owner. Gunco, if it does not fall into the same hidden trap as the other place, will grow and soar on the wings of truth in the warmth and sunlight of a new day. The other will go down, hissing and coiling about its members and dragging them down with it's demise, even though they are good folks. Long live Gunco, and let us learn from the self destructing practices that will eventually spell the doom for "that other place" I'm proud to be a member here, and look forward to helping our little slice of paradise to become the leader in Gun oriented websites. :thumbup1: GG

1 - 17 of 17 Posts