Gunco Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just want to ask a favor of all the members
of this site.We've all been to the other gun site were
hate and back stabbing is the main theme.
I just hope this site doesn't go down that offal
road.There's enough hate and back stabbing in
the world without bringing it here. Were all gun nuts
or we wouldn't be here so lets be friends and share
are love of firearms with each other and try to
help each other when we can.
I can only speak for myself I come here to
get away from the problem of life and all the
hate in the world to be with friends and my
fellow gun owners.
So if we have problems lets work it out as
freind not assholes like the other gun sites .
I guess thats all I wanted to say and ask of all
of you.
God bless you all and God bless America

dixieboy :thankyou:

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Amen dixieboy!

hey, I didn't think they let us southerners into Iowa - not with our guns anyway! LOL!

Happy Thanksgiving!

·
Gunco Irregular
4,323 Posts
Sounds good to me!

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
In order to have a good discussion you have to walk the tightrope. You have to be take care that you don't wind up having nothing but smilies posted.

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Good point folks. Every now and then someone is going to step on our toes. Just remember you can disagree with what they are saying without disliking the person.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I agree with ya too Dixie

As it is there are probably going to be some negative posts in the future as more folks gravitate to the site after being maliciously targeted by the iron fist management over there. I've had my last say on the subject, it was negative and rude. Frankly, I don't care because I feel better.:)

This site will only continue to grow because not only members but the owner and moderators seem to be decent, upstanding folks. I believe any of them would be man enough to discuss any problem that might arise on a level-headed man to man level rather than act like tryrannical dictators. With any problem there comes a point where you have to lay down the law and I trust the management here to do so in a civil manner.

Gunco's a great board, I'm glad it's here and proud to share the company of fun folks who are avid gun enthusiests.:thankyou:

On a side note, I've known Dixieboy for better than 20 years and he's the best friend I've ever had. He's the kind of man who will stop to help a complete stranger, the kind of guy that "would give you the shirt off his back". Truly a stand up guy.

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Everything all of you are saying is why this place got started and the intention is to keep it that way.

I know the mods here believe that you are all adults and can take care of yourselves. I know Custer, Aviator, Lupe, DorGunR, Smeg/Dze, Evil, Pogo, Cephus, and many more I can't list them all will be more than happy to keep things civil. Starting off the way we have just letting things play out did more to keep things casual.

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
Does this mean I can't give Pogo, Custer & Smeg a hard time anymore????
:smoke:

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
magnus392 said:
I think you can long as it is with a friendly grin, dang'd ol DorGunR boyt ain't got no sense;) Hangin out doors shooting at folks all the time:D
You sound just like my Pa..... never did want me to have no fun. :smoke:

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
magnus392 said:
HAHAHA, sounds like mine Pappy and Jose's Pappy...I think they coined "Them boys ain't right!" talking about us, lol :D
I used to think I was wrong about everything................folks would go around saying .........That boy jist ain't right. :smoke:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I hope my post doesn't make me look like an Idiot.
I'm just sick of the other gun sites that don't talk about guns and gun related
subjects. There more into trashing each other then being freinds.
That's why I came here after evilwalkII told me about this site and how freindly
everyone was. I really enjoy everyone being there self without all the trash talk.
I do agree sometimes you have to walk the razors edge but you don't have to degrade a person if you don't agree with what there saying. I've always tryed to treat people the way I want to be treated by others.

P.S southern boys have to sneak there guns into Iowa HA HA

dixieboy

·
Premium Member
6,900 Posts
I think We all know the difference between a spirited debate and a personal attack.
The former is welcome, the latter will not be tolerated.

Feel the love

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
dixieboy said:
P.S southern boys have to sneak there guns into Iowa HA HA

dixieboy
Yeah folks, I'm still relatively new here. Never been no where else so I don't know what you going through. Folks here have been real nice.

BTW, bring your guns to WV anytime. We'll find something to shoot at.

·
Loaner
5,358 Posts
DorGunR said:
I used to think I was wrong about everything................folks would go around saying .........That boy jist ain't right. :smoke:
Thing is ppl like us ussually are wrong:chinese: HEHE It will be ok though...we are in good company, many are even like us(for better..ok ussually worse) :thumbup1:

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
dixieboy.......I wasn't making fun of your post.........I've known some of these guys for years...........I was just having a little fun with them.:)

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
magnus392 said:
Thing is ppl like us ussually are wrong:chinese: HEHE It will be ok though...we are in good company, many are even like us(for better..ok ussually worse) :thumbup1:
magnus......they're all nutz except me and thee.........and sometimes I wonder about thee.:)

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
I like a gun board where you can go to the proper section and discuss whatever you want to talk about. Then, when you want to shoot the bull with a few other gun fanciers you can do so on a friendly basis. I've probably had more arguments with Custer than anyone else here in this forum. But, we are still friends (primarily because of my generosity, in that I overlook his stupidity. :rofl:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts