Gunco Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see the barrels on the AK100 series rifles by K-Var are 12.5" long, but how long are they with muzzle attachment? Wondering if they become the minimum 16" so that you do not have to register as a SBR. Anyone know?

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I would like to have a Krink someday but I do not want to fool with the SBR. I thought one of these would be a nice compromise. I guess not... Nice kits though! I REALLY like the one Ted Mashall put together.

http://www.marshall-arms.com/

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm with you, mbakercad... I'd love a krink too. What about the krink kits KVAR sells with the 16" barrel? They're $430 though.

http://www.k-var.com/product.asp?0=211&1=214&3=508

·
Happy Camper
7,794 Posts
yeah if they were affordable I'd get one of those barrels in a heartbeat. Normal barrels run $60 each and that's "OK" so long as you don't think about a complete parts kit being only $200.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I believe that Chis at AK-USA has a longer brake avail that once permanently attached would reach the 16" req.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I believe Penguin is right about the AK-USA brakes. Isn't the AMD65 bbl. 12.5" or so? There's a guy who posts at the AKFiles going by Moses with an awesome looking AMD65 style extended brake for about fifty bucks. (It's a nice looking unit, I've actually considered buying one for an NHM91/RPK project just for a Koooolness factor!) What I like about the K-var bbl. assy. is the fact that you can use standard handguards unlike a krink. The 16" bbl. krink kit K-var offers looks kinda funny, (not that I'd be a gun snob if someone here were so gracious as to let me try theirs) it just seems the sights might not be optimum for accuracy without some sort of optic.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Evil_Walks said:
I believe Penguin is right about the AK-USA brakes. Isn't the AMD65 bbl. 12.5" or so? There's a guy who posts at the AKFiles going by Moses with an awesome looking AMD65 style extended brake for about fifty bucks. (It's a nice looking unit, I've actually considered buying one for an NHM91/RPK project just for a Koooolness factor!) What I like about the K-var bbl. assy. is the fact that you can use standard handguards unlike a krink. The 16" bbl. krink kit K-var offers looks kinda funny, (not that I'd be a gun snob if someone here were so gracious as to let me try theirs) it just seems the sights might not be optimum for accuracy without some sort of optic.

heres the ak-usa brake...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts