Gunco Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Swiss 1931 Carbin Scmidt Rubin K31 7.5Swiss Caliber

They are Back! These Rifles are world renowned for their Superior Accuracy. The unique straight pull bolt of the K-31 combined with outstanding Swiss craftsmanship make this Rifle Highly sought after. Overall Good-Very good condition, Excellent bores, expect stock wear. Excellent Shooters. FFL Must Be on File to Order!

Excellent rifle to own!

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
I got one from AIM yesterday. What a beauty! It was my first K-31. I sure would like to get another one. I think at one point in time they offered free shipping, but of course I missed that one too. I didn't miss the Yugo's for $89 with free shipping though.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I am getting a K-31 right after my SKS. 7.5 X 55 ammo is kinda high. I guess I'll have to get me some dies and reload for it if I want to shoot it very much.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Got my second one earlier this week. It has the blonde stock. And, it has a name tag! What can I say, got lucky this time.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
Just ordered one today. Paid the 10 bucks for hand select. Hope I get a beech stock and tag.

Should have it Thursday.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
My second was a beech stock. I like it, but the darker stock hides the bumps and scrapes better IMO. Are you gonna refinish it? I think refinishing one of these beauties would make a world of difference. The stocks are a little weird though. They have like this oil or something that is embedded in the wood in certain spots. I'm not sure if it is old oil buildup or grease. It's not that bad though. I love the Swiss shield looking thing on the top of the bolt. It reminds me of the great workmanship of swiss army knives and watches. But, the K31 shows the Swiss's quality workmanship in guns. Now I need to get some ammo.

·
Registered
954 Posts
These sound like a really cool gun. Seems that everyone that gets one fall in love. Anyone have some pics they would like to share?

...I like pictures :)

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
That's exactly what I've been trying to do. I've got two k-31's and a .jpg of them together, but can't figure out how to post one. All I've been able to find is this:

Usage

Example Usage
(Not linked)

(Linked)
Example Output (Not linked)

Can someone give me a quick example of how to upload and post it? Do we have to have the picture at a web hosting site or does Gunco host them?

·
Registered
954 Posts
gunco will host them but they have to be pretty small. Less than 100K if I recall correctly.

I signed up for photobucket. It free and quick. They will only support photos less than 250K but it will automatically resize them if they are too large.

http://www.photobucket.com/

·
Registered
954 Posts
I thought you just clicked 'manage photo' button when your on the 'reply to thread' screen. Uploaded then your done.

Sorry I was not more help. If that does not work I have no idea.

·
Registered
286 Posts
K-31s are very cool indeed. I bought one way back when Simpson's was the only game in town. I then bought a walnut stocked one when AIM first got them in and then I bought 3 of them when Century was blowing them out. I got in on their 3-fer deal and gave one to my Dad for Christmas, and one of those bricks of the GP-11 ammo too. I now have four of the darn things and a 96/11 to boot. At the price they are now everyone should own two or three of them :D

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
yosuthnmasa said:
My second was a beech stock. I like it, but the darker stock hides the bumps and scrapes better IMO. Are you gonna refinish it? I think refinishing one of these beauties would make a world of difference. The stocks are a little weird though. They have like this oil or something that is embedded in the wood in certain spots. I'm not sure if it is old oil buildup or grease. It's not that bad though. I love the Swiss shield looking thing on the top of the bolt. It reminds me of the great workmanship of swiss army knives and watches. But, the K31 shows the Swiss's quality workmanship in guns. Now I need to get some ammo.

I'll clean it up, but I doubt I'll refinish it. I normally leave the milsurps as is.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts