Gunco Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
I've got one. The quality is very good and the parts are all brand new. There are no serial numbers on anything either. It requires a bit more work than a demilled kit, but I think it will be well worth it. The price is a bit high IMHO. I found mine for sale on one of the forums and saved a few pennies but they are still pricey.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
From what I've read there aren't any holes drilled. Meaning you need to drill the barrel cross pin hole, sight/gas block holes and so on. More work yes but if you have the equipment to do the job it would be a nice addition to anyones collection.

I also read that de-milled Krink kits will be coming in sometime in the new year. Won't be many so if it does happen I'm sure they'll be scooped up very quickly.

I'd love to do a K-VAR Krink kit but I just don't have the equipment to do the kind of build I would want to do.

·
Visiting MOD
2,141 Posts
The parts that KVAR uses in the KRINK kits are taken directly from the assembly line.
They were NEVER assembled into a gun so nothing is drilled and there are no numbers on anything.
Also please READ the ad carefully. Most of the Krink kits do not come with a trunion or trigger guard.

There are some demilled YUGO kits coming in during the first quarter of next year but they are not REAL krinks. Kinda like you installing regular handguards on your AMD65.
Don't get me wrong, they are nice, but a krink should be SBRed.
And I would NEVER spend the $200 to SBR a AMD65

·
Registered
286 Posts
DrugRunr
The Yugos that you are refering to are they the ones at the Autochart group buy thing? If so what is it that makes them not a Krink? I would like to get a Krink kit myself and I'd really like to do it right the first time.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I had my eye on one of the .223 krink kits so I ordered it last month, and after 4 weeks of waiting because they didn't have the front trunnion even though it didn't say that when I ordered it. Anyway, switched to the 5.45 kit last week and I am waiting on my kit. I have put together a few screw build AMDs, but I plan on doing the build with simple tools...I will take pics and post my build and tools. Anyway, most critical part is the barrel pin and headspacing. I have a small drill press and I think with some practice on scrap I should be able to get it right. I can't wait to start my build!!!!!

·
Visiting MOD
2,141 Posts
Yugo "krink"

AMD-65 underfolder hybrid

Look at the handguards..
The Yugo "krink has full size handguards. I suspect that the barrel is atleast 1 to 2 inches longer then a REAL krink.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
The Yugo is not a real Krink and what keeps it from being so is a number of things. The biggest one in my mind is the Krink is a short stroke AK, the gas piston is about 1/3 as long as a regular AK and About 25% shorter than an AMD/Yugo "Krink". I have built 3 K-Var Krinks from their kits and I have pressed on the gas and henge block with a pipe and hammer (BFH Method), I also order a trunnion, barrel pin and demilled trigger guard when I order the kit so it all comes together (and a nice little price to go with it). The only really important hole in the whole rifle is the gas port, which is already drilled in the barrel. Be sure to dry fit the henge block to the trunnion because most (if not all) of the henge blocks are too wide to fit inside of the "wings" of the trunnion. So I filed down the sides of my henge block until it fit the trunnion. As you assemble the parts on the barrel you fit and space them out according to function spacing. Slide and very lightly press the henge block on barrel then slide the front hand guard retainer on the barrel. Then the gas block/FSB has to go on the barrel right over the gas port. I put my finger over the chamber end and blew into the barrel to make sure the GB/FS was lined correctly over the port and it was. OK, now you have the FS/GB on, so that gives you a point to measure several things from as well as a "12:00" on the barrel, that way you can check for cant on the henge block/trunnion/ dust cover assembly. Now you can press the trunnion on. Headspace that (see Tuten Koff's tutorial) drill and pin the barrel, press the henge block on the trunnion, mount trunnion in receiver and test fit the function of the carrier and gas piston to the gas block, if that's ok then test the fit of the upper handguard/gas tube. Adjust as needed. Drill and pin henge block and FSB/GB. You can use old drill bits as pins, you under drill it then press (hammer) in the pin (drill bit) leave a little hanging over on both sides then under cut the pin with a cut-off wheel on your dremmel and break off the overhanging part of the pin with a hammer. This gives you a perfect pin every time. I would'nt reccomend this on the barrel/trunnion pin but it works great for the fsb/gb and henge block. You are almost home, take a rat-tail file and cut the lower handguard retainer lever slot in the barrel according to the lenght of the hand guard all fitted together in the receiver. Dont over stress the little lever during fitting or it will snap right off, then God help you. The dust cover can be held in place on the henge block by tapping the pivot hole with an 8-32 tap (no drilling needed) and srewing in some 8-32 BHA screws, looks pretty good too. Just take your time and dry fit the parts a lot and play around with them before you try to put it all together for good. The only Krinks I have ever seen in real life are the ones I have put together myself. I have some pic's of my almost finished 7.62 krink pistol project and almost finished 5.45 Krink SBR, pm me for any additional info or post it here.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Steelcore1964 said:
I have some pic's of my almost finished 7.62 krink pistol project and almost finished 5.45 Krink SBR, pm me for any additional info or post it here.
Lets see those pics!!!:thumbup1:

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
I tried to post them this afternoon but it said the file was too big. Can someone help me with that?

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Steelcore1964 said:
I tried to post them this afternoon but it said the file was too big. Can someone help me with that?
Open your file in paint and go to IMAGE on the toolbar. Scroll down to STRETCH/SKEW. Change your horizontal and vertical to 50% on both and you may have to do that twice. Then save it under another name and upload them. I have found it easier and quicker in paint than in ADOBE or any other big program.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Can anyone tell me what how long the barrel is with the cone flash hider. I'm in a non SBR state so I would have to pin or weld the fh to the barrel.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
I am thinking a krink kit and a underfolder rear trunion with on holes cut in the reciever to block the back. then I will have my AK pistol. what do you guys think??

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
sounds good but expensive, how much does K-Var's pistol rear block go for when they are not sold out?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts