8,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/news/120304_local_fakecop.html

Authorities send warning to women about man posing as cop

By
Andy Cerota

ABC13 Eyewitness News
(
12/03/04 - MONTGOMERY COUNTY, TX) ? It's dangerous situation for women. And authorities are sending out a warning to drivers. There are at least two known instances of women being pulled over by a fake cop, but there could be others.

Armed with a gun, radio, handcuffs, and flashing strobe lights in his vehicle, he pretends to be an officer of the law. What frightens investigators most is that he's using the disguise to take advantage of unsuspecting women.

"He's gone from touching somebody inappropriately in a sexual manner to sexually assaulting someone heightens our awareness greatly and concerns us," said Lt Dan Norris with the Montgomery County Sheriff's Department.

Since November, two women in MontgomeryCounty have encountered him within a mile of each other. Driving a dark green mid-90s Jeep Cherokee with what looked like a radar or radio on the dashboard, he pulled over his first victim on FM 1774 near Lone Star Road. She was 18 years old and thought she was being stopped by a law enforcement office.

The victim told investigators she was searched as if she was being padded down, but there was nothing appropriate about the way he was touching her. He touched her again, say deputies, in the back of his Jeep, pushing her out moments later when another vehicle passed by and slowed down.

Nine days later, in a different vehicle, a 36-year-old woman says the suspect stopped her while she was walking to the store near FM 1774 and placed her under arrest.

"He handcuffed her, put her in the back of the car, then drove her to an area north of Montgomery, where she was sexually assaulted," said Lt. Norris.

Authorities fear there may be more victims out there. They released a composite sketch of the suspect. He's described as a white male in his early 30s, about 6'0" with short hair and a medium build.

Women should be aware of their surroundings when they're stopped by law enforcement. If you're being pulled over, make sure you look for marking on the vehicle. Most law enforcement vehicles should be well-marked and the officer should have very distinctive markings on his or her uniform, as well. Make sure you slow down and put on your flashers and if you can, move to a well-lit area. If you're still not certain, have your cell phone handy and call a local law enforcement to see if there's a vehicle making a traffic stop at your location.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
When I lived in California, you had to beware of fake ladies.

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dzerzhinsky said:
When I lived in California, you had to beware of fake ladies.
I had to clean Coke off my monitor over that one. Thanks a lot.:naughty:

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
Dang, that was a good one Smeg. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts