Gunco Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
in the blueridge mtns
8,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Never has bothered me but I have a buddy that is very meticulous about cleaning his AR15's after shooting. I told him I rarely do anything but a patch and bristle. But no,not him. He really wants to be able to cleanse whatever laquer coating he perceives to be there. Any thoughts? He didn't like my suggestion about soaking the barreled action in kerosene. Refuses to believe that's what makes up hoppes #9. Ideas?

·
Registered
5,787 Posts
Lacquer thinner from Home Depot. Use it like bore cleaner and it should remove any deposits. Keep it off the plastic parts!

·
in the blueridge mtns
8,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Kernel. After 30+years I finally got him into AR's and kalashnikovs. He's still learning:thumbup1:

·
in the blueridge mtns
8,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just need to make some room for the gunshow this weekend. You know,old stock out,new stock in.:thumbup1:

·
THE 9mm ADDICT
4,175 Posts
I am going to drop a few of these .223 reloads through this latest AR15 I assembled a couple years ago using an 80% lower I machined at my last job. If any of this works I would be pleased.

·
in the blueridge mtns
8,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MUSIBIKE. Are you loading the primed steel casings out there? Would like to know how that goes. Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts