Gunco Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Master Endmill Breaker
1,367 Posts
Assuming that's a 74 receiver, Gunthings.com and Ohio Rapid Fire have the parts kits in stock. Both places have the kits for $239.00.

http://www.gunthings.com/

http://www.ohiorapidfire.com/ and http://rapidfire.targetweb.net/ for parts and kits

I bought one of the Gunthings kits and it's absolutely beautiful! I'm trying to decided if I'm going to use one of the U-bend laser flats or an OOW receiver for my build. The Gunthings kit didn't come with a triggerguard or stock tang, as they were backordered from the supplier. I called on March 17 and the stock tangs are in, but they are still waiting for the triggerguards. Not a big deal, but the wait is excruciating.

Gunthings and Ohio Rapid Fire kits are Bulgarian 74 sets with all matching numbers. They come with one mag, cleaning kit, bayonet, and sling. Gunthings kit also came with a mag pouch. Ohio Rapid Fire has wood or polymer stocks, Gunthings has polymer only.

I highly recommend both places!

·
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Both places are great. It's just about money. I heard from a well known vendor that K-Var had a boat load of 74 kits coming. I called K-var to verify and he said "yes just a few weeks away, should be in the $190 range". Well the difference almost pays for the receiver and would if I wanted to bend or weld.

Of course we will see if that price holds true. But I still will have the receivers...

·
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
scubadvr said:
Are they OOW? Universal receiver? (fits 47&74s) Jack

That is a 5.45 OOW. And they should be here around Tues.

Jack, you still got that folder Randy built for you? The one he built for me kept on having the left pin jump out of the folder mech. I had to fix it myself. And man did he turn out loosing it.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
kevin_m4 said:
That is a 5.45 OOW. And they should be here around Tues.

Jack, you still got that folder Randy built for you? The one he built for me kept on having the left pin jump out of the folder mech. I had to fix it myself. And man did he turn out loosing it.
I still have it. Its a good job, but I should have waited to see what I could have done. I mean I was hedging my bet. I didn't think I could build a good looking underfolder. Short story I was wrong. I then got a Firing Line milled receiver and built one on it. Have to say the milled is my favorite. Anyway, I heard Randy has had some problems. I'm sorry about that, he seemed like a nice guy. Anyway how did you fix your pin problem?

·
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
he had put a pin in that he had ground off slightly to bypass the oversize pipe he put in place of the spring. (it impacted the bolt carrier and wouldn't chamber another round, as well as beating the crap out of the pin) Simply reduced the size of the pipe a bit and put an unaltered pin in with a dab of JB weld to top it off. 300+ rounds and not a prob.
He built me two more and they both were great, a Krink and a full stock, I sold them both to support my new found obsession with building my own after I built the 63 with the left over polish folder.

I'm with you on the fact that it all looked hard. But, I had never even seen the inside of an AK or shot one till the one Randy built. I had been stuck in the AR world for the last 20 years. Never knew what I was missing. :bangin:

·
Registered
39 Posts
scubadvr said:
I still have it. Its a good job, but I should have waited to see what I could have done. I mean I was hedging my bet. I didn't think I could build a good looking underfolder. Short story I was wrong. I then got a Firing Line milled receiver and built one on it. Have to say the milled is my favorite. Anyway, I heard Randy has had some problems. I'm sorry about that, he seemed like a nice guy. Anyway how did you fix your pin problem?
I'm waiting for a few months for Arsenal Inc. Bulgarian stamped AK-74.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts