Gunco Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.klas-tv.com/Global/story.asp?S=2623714&nav=168XTcEs

North Las Vegas to Host Gun Surrender Program

(Nov. 29) -- North Las Vegas police and several businesses are planning a no-questions-asked gun surrender on Saturday.

The program allows people who don't want their guns anymore to turn them in for a gift certificate from Wal-Mart -- that's $100 for rifles, 50 dollars for handguns and $10 for B-B guns.

No one bringing guns in from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the parking lot of the Wal-Mart at Craig Road and Clayton will be identified.

The collected weapons will be destroyed. Police say the idea is to prevent guns from being stolen or lost, and used in a crime.

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If you ask real nice, they might give you $125 for the 50.

·
Master Endmill Breaker
1,367 Posts
Let's see, $50 bucks for a handgun...

If I were a criminal, it would be perfectly feasible that I could acquire more than $50 with a single mugging. If I were to force a person to an ATM machine, $300 is within reason. This doesn't seem like a fair marketable price for a criminal to turn in a handgun.

I would be willing to turn over the amount of $0.59~$3.54 to any armed criminal in the form of Federal HydraShok 230gr .45ACP. Of course, the ammo would be handed over at approximately 850fps, so I hope they can catch...

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
And......... It well make a scratch in the surface of guns on the street because all they ever usually collect in those things is broken antiques that Grandma had after Grandpa owned before he died, but then again I bet some good old stuff goes to the dumper as well.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Hey that's not bad. I only paid $70 for my 91/30 MN. If I could get two more I could bring them and get enough gift certificates to go in and buy a new rifle. HOT DAMN!!!!!! Sign me up! WOOHOO!!

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Strange Destiny said:
Hey that's not bad. I only paid $70 for my 91/30 MN. If I could get two more I could bring them and get enough gift certificates to go in and buy a new rifle. HOT DAMN!!!!!! Sign me up! WOOHOO!!
I like the way you think SD

·
deactive ~ and in trouble
1,781 Posts
Where's those Century five-for-U-Fixem specials at?
You could finance a complete Vegas weekend with a few of those :D

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
Californians mess up their state and can't live there. They then move to other areas seeking a better life. Amazingly, they then bring in the same approaches that ruined their home state.

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Yeah, too bad I'm too far away. I've got a MN M44 that is missing parts, has absolutely no rifling left and a cracked stock I got as part of a 5fer deal from Century. Hmmmmm....I think it was $29.99. I'd be glad to trade it off for $100 from Wally-mart. Think "Heny .22", only $189...means you'd have to come up with around $100 more dollars.
Or how about that old broken .22 marlin model 60? Or that broken never-was-any-good Iver johnson .32 S&W "suicide special" that is missing parts made from unobtanium?
A buy back on ........BB Guns? What? Now come on. How many crimes are commited with BB guns? I understand the twisted logic of gun buy backs, but BB gun buy backs?
I forsee a LOT of broken BB guns showing up there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts