Gunco Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Interesting story I thought.

http://www.ohioccw.org/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=2589

Ohioans For Concealed Carry continues to receive letters from persons upset about the Salvation Army's decision to post discriminatory and dangerous "no-guns" in their retail stores.

Following is one (shortened) example...along with a canned reply which is being copied to anyone who emails the Army about this issue:

Why we donated $550 worth of items to someone else

Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 22:49:37 -0500
CC: "Ohioans for Concealed Carry"
To: [email protected]

To the Salvation Army,

A few days ago we took two vans full of items worth over $550 to one of the Ohio Thrift Stores. We would have preferred to have donated them to your organization. However, as a concealed carry permit holder, and a member of Ohioan's for Concealed Carry, I will refrain from making any further donations to your organization until you remove those no guns signs from all of your facilities. The only thing they accomplish is to set up criminal protection zones in your stores. Criminals know that you have disarmed your customers by forcing them to leave their protection behind in their cars. They are sitting ducks for robberies in your parking lots and your stores. Just this morning one of my co-workers told me that her daughter witnessed a robbery attempt in the Target store on Brice Road in Reynoldsburg on Saturday or Sunday. A man grabbed a woman's purse and was trying to get away with it. Another woman who had a concealed carry permit came to her aid. She pulled out her gun and order the robber to let go. She succeeded in scaring the robber off and prevented the robbery.

If you care so much about protecting the criminals in your stores by disarming your law abiding customers, and you care so little for my personal safety in your parking lots and your store, then you'll never see another donation from me again so long as your misguided no guns policy is in place. However, if at some point you decide to remove those signs and the protection they now give to criminals, we will once again make you our first priority for donations in the future. Thanks.

Gary M.
Gahanna, OH

-------------------------------

Subject: Re: Why we donated $550 worth of items to someone else From: [email protected]
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 10:06:42 -0500
To: Gary M.
CC: "Ohioans for Concealed Carry"

Gary,

There is no doubt you are passionate about your right to bear arms. We certainly support that right protected by the constitution of the United States. We are saddened by your decision. The same reasons to donate to the Army yesterday are still valid today.

May God richly bless you.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Well, it would make sense were it not for the fact that every armed thug who sees the "No Firearms" sign will stash his piece somewhere before entering the store. They're OK with coldblooded murder, but not ignoring signs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts