Gunco Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jeez, I was shooting here on Sunday night! You would need balls of steel to rob a freakin gunshop!

http://www.wcpo.com/news/2004/local/12/14/target.html

Police are looking for both a victim and suspects involved in a robbery at a target range in Sharonville.

Investigators said a man working at Target World on Kemper Road was held up by four men Tuesday morning.

Detectives aren't saying what was taken from the business.

Investigators are trying to track down the construction worker who called 911 to report the theft.

If you have any information about this crime, please call Crimestoppers at 513-352-3040. You don't have to give your name and you may be eligible for a reward if your tips lead to an arrest.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
10 minutes from where I work.

I heard 30 rifles and pistols.

Ever notice no one who works there carries?

I don't go in there much anymore. The clientele looks more gangsta like all the time.

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
I have noticed that no one has sidearms. First gunshop I've ever been in where no one was carrying behind the counter. Hell, one of the pawn shops I frequent has guys carrying all the time.

You're right about the Gangsta thing too Custer. I seen guys in there last time trying out new guns holding them sideways saying I gotta get me a new GAT! I just rolled my eyes and left.

·
Troubles shot. 5 cents.
850 Posts
"Police are looking for both a victim and suspects involved in a robbery at a target range in Sharonville."

Victim and suspects . . .

Inside job?

Noah

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
They are going through a major expansion so it could be "inside" to the extent the contractor employee was in on it. Or, could be he was only at the job site for a short time and was not supposed to return today.

·
'Explosives expert"
1,208 Posts
I saw a short piece on the news about this last night.....

IMO, you try to rob a GUN STORE you should expect to get shot. No balls about these guys, just stuppid.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SangRun Hunter said:
I have noticed that no one has sidearms. First gunshop I've ever been in where no one was carrying behind the counter. Hell, one of the pawn shops I frequent has guys carrying all the time.
When I was there a guy behind the counter had a holster on, Im guessing it had a gun in it. I couldnt see the top though (high riding paddle deal). Any of you Cincy guys hear anything else about this? I didnt catch the news today.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Im going to head up there today and see if I cant get any details. My guess is that they wont want to talk about it.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just got back and it looks like they got hit hard. They got into the cases and got alot of glocks, desert eagles, and even the baby eagle that my buddy wanted to buy this week, Ill have to break him the bad news. They seemed to hint towards the construction guys being crooked, but I dont think theres proof of that yet.

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
My understanding is that one of the employees or construction workers was accosted outside, then led inside where the robbery took place.

Doesn't matter if they had 10 armed employees in there... if the perp or perps walk in with a hostage... one look at the guys face with the gun to his head... and chances are, you're going to unlock the cases and hand over the goods.

Lynch

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh yea, I also noticed everyone that was on staff was open carrying. Lets hope it doesnt happen again, the staff there are all helpful and nice people. But like you other guys were saying there is the thug element there every once and awhile. I saw Chad Johnson (Bengals reciever) and a couple of his thug buddies buying sigs there about a month ago. He was a nice guy and I talked to him for a bit.

·
Registered
369 Posts
That place is were I bought my first AK. I know have a few more and counting. I have seen a lot of getto looking homies in there. I like to look at new guns in there. I have bought only a few guns from them. I hope they catch the dirt bags.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
Bud Dwyer said:
I just got back and it looks like they got hit hard. They got into the cases and got alot of glocks, desert eagles, and even the baby eagle that my buddy wanted to buy this week, Ill have to break him the bad news. They seemed to hint towards the construction guys being crooked, but I dont think theres proof of that yet.
Go to Shooters Supply in Loveland. Better prices and service. Other than internet firearms, I bought just about everything I own and my son owns at Shooter Supply.

·
Registered
97 Posts
reminds me of a story in the papers several years ago.
it seems this driver of a U.P.S. truck FILLED with brand new 9mm berettas destined,i would imagine , for a gun shop somewhere. decided to make an unscheduled stop
at his girlfriends for a quickie. she lived in either east ny, or brownsville in brooklyn.
(i forget which) but they are both "homie central" the absolute WORST neighborhoods ever.
well, lo and behold... THE TRUCK WAS ACTUALLY BROKEN INTO! & ALL OF THE BERETTAS STOLEN. can you believe that! last i heard they were investigating the driver... just thought that would give someone a laugh.
you just cant make sht like this up!
good cheer rusty.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts