Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I think I'll order it then. :D

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Its a good series.

I also highly recommend "Good Old Boys" with Tommie Lee Jones in it.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Actually it's 5 books if I remember correctly and all have been made into movies. All are on VHS and I think most are on DVD. I'll check with a buddy that has all of them and post the list.

packratt

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I took you guys' word for it, and ordered the DVD. I'm sure I'll enjoy it. I haven't disliked many Western movies.

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
N/A said:
Oh hell Pogo, that's the wrong one!!!!!

Joking.....:)
Darn, ya had me going for a minute. :D

·
Registered
717 Posts
After all the hype we gave you on it....it would be ironic if you ordered the wrong one...if you remember the old mini-series that came out years ago, such as "Centenial" and "How the West Was Won".....then this is better. I'd like to see those two again.

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

I remember hearing about the show "How the West was won", not sure about "Centennial" though. I never have watched too many TV shows though, so I didn't see them. Or, I may have been overseas during that period. I hat TV commercials and get disgusted and walk away from the TV. I'd rather pay for a movie than have to sit and watch advertisements for adult diapers or some pill for erectile dysfunction and such.

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
Custer said:
Centennial is from a James Minchner book. Decent book, decent series.
My wife and I watched Centennial when it was a series............I really enjoyed that show.............does anyone know it's out on VHS or DVD???

·
Registered
98 Posts
Click on that amazon link above. Then enter the title in the search. It will tell you what formats it is availible in.

packratt

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I was an extra in "How the west was won" with James Arness as the star. That was many many moons ago, 1976. I was in the Calvary.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Question, is The Missing any good???????????

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
Cowdawg said:
I was an extra in "How the west was won" with James Arness as the star. That was many many moons ago, 1976. I was in the Calvary.
That is very cool! I liked that movie and now I have even more reason to look for it.

Arness played a mountain man, right?

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Yup he did play a mt man.

"The Missing" VERY GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts