Gunco Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to this forum, And I'm trying to get any links to "Pookies" builds and pics.
I've recently got some great info. off other forums. But I can't seem to link.
I heard he moved....Does anyone know if he's settled in yet? And does anyone have any links?
He had some great info on various metal applications for builds.
Thanks....Shadow :smile:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Pookie's website is down while he is moving to the east coast. He posted about a week or so ago that he landed a new job and had to move relatively quickly. He also said he would try to get everything back up as soon as possible. Have patience.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tac,
Thanks for the info. man, Someone else told me about the bolt cutters too.
Call me slow, but I still have no idea. I guess I'm more visual than anything.
Do you have any pics?
Or should I just fire up the ol' map torch blaze them suckers red, than pound away with a make shift inverted peen set?

The low country huh? I got it from your avatar.
I guess you're one of our "homeboys" so to speak. Since I'm about 20 minutes from the ol' yorktown.
Thanks again!.....Shadow.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I live in the North Area. Glad to see somebody else interested in AK builds.

Unfortunately I do not have any pics of POOKIE's bolt cutter rivet squeezer, BUT.

Check this link for the real one and make the bolt cutter blades look like it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=22664&item=3821340459&rd=1

Just go slow with the grinder and don't overheat the metal, which can soften it. There is no need to make the jaws so pronounced, just big enough to fit around the trunion and rivets. Grind a little dimple in one of the jaws to hold the rivet's round head. Remember, just go slow, take a little off, check the fit, and go again.

By the way, several of us are going to the Boggy Head DNR range on the 26th of June very early in the AM to beat the heat. You are welcome to join us. It is off SC 41 about 25 miles from Mt Pleasant.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the invite Tac, But that's the same weekend my sister in law is getting married. And I'm sure you know all about that.
I already ditched a b-day party to got to the gun show the week before last.
She still don't know about that. I said I was helpin a buddy fix his lawn mower....Ha, Ha. And it would be my ass that's gettin mowed if she found out.
Thanks again, Shadow

1 - 5 of 5 Posts