Gunco Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anyone have any VZ58 or Suomi blueprints? I know I've seen some floating around somewhere - I've got parts kits coming in that may need some help. :thumbup1:

·
Gunco Samurai
3,340 Posts
Ok care to share where you found them? I think the VZ-58 looks like a great rifle.

·
Gunco Samurai
3,340 Posts
I know OOW has their milled reciever for the VZ-58 but is like $700 or $800. Is their a cheaper way to build these? I know AK parts won't work in them so I'm wondering if we're just screwed into the OOW reciever?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
The Suomi prints I bought - I'll be drafting up a set of plans for the VZ58 when I get the time. Don't imagine you guys want to hear about the NEW CZ-built VZ58 semi-auto rifles we have coming into Canada in 2 weeks, eh? :thumbup1:

·
Gunco Samurai
3,340 Posts
Too bad that doesn't help those of us in the good ole' US of A.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
This sounds interesting! Who all is offering parts kits right now for these?? How much are they? What kind of shape are the kits? Anyone seen a real VZ-58? $7-800 for a milled receiver?....?

·
Gunco Samurai
3,340 Posts
yosuthnmasa said:
This sounds interesting! Who all is offering parts kits right now for these?? How much are they? What kind of shape are the kits? Anyone seen a real VZ-58? $7-800 for a milled receiver?....?
Yep the only reciever made and available in the US is made by OOW and they want $800 for it and the compliance parts that come with it.

I called Marstar today to see if an Americans had gotten a form 6 approved to imports these but had to just leave a message.

·
Gunco Samurai
3,340 Posts
Cephus said:
Did anyboddy get one of those wall hangers with the plastic rec. I'll bet you could get enough off of one of those to make a templete . I saw them for like 169.95 or there abouts. Just a thought maybe we could sell chances on one of those and the winner could have the wall hanger after somebody did the templete. You know like 10 bucks a chance or something it's one way to get a templete.
Thats a damn fine idea. What would we use for trunnions though? He he maybe we could con Pookie into milling us some :).

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Cephus said:
You wouldn't have to con him just ask . he wants the templete to and how hard could it be to figure out how to make a trunion . I mean if you look at the trunion on the amd
65 or 63 they are not that complicated tedious work not complicated you'd have to have some small cutters and end mills not impossible. hey the Mod with the CDC machine I bet he could do it. But Pook loves a challenge and this my be right up his alley.

I need a new project to learn how to use a mill! I'd gladly give it a shot. Maybe I could work up a 3D model of it in Solid Edge.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The cut front-sections may have been cut far enough back to save them....I'm going to check right away.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Alrighty - get a VZ kit!!
On the two I just unwrapped, the front sections are useable as a front trunnion - the lugs are untouched. The mag catch/bolt hold-open boss can be cut away, a set of rails could be built...hey - no problem is insurmountable!! The receiver is stepped - upper part (rail area) is 1.41 wide, lower narrow portion is 1.175....

·
Gunco Samurai
3,340 Posts
Good man Dave I like to hear about success with the VZ-58!! Keep us informed. Maybe Coldsteel could make us a blank.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Good thing the weekend is here, as I'll have the time to clean the parts up and hopefully get some decent measurements! And I will keep Coldsteel in the loop - great guy!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I am searching everywhere for decent, hi-resolution pictures of the VZ58 receiver, to make up a jig and mock it all up. Anyone have a VZ in their collection willing to help out?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have 2 cut up recievers to pull starting dimensions from - the best starting point is simply the total height (1.6") and 3 known pin distances - after that, a total length, correct(?) cut-section distances and jig-er up! Sounds like you started right from scratch, Cephus!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts