Gunco Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was a special Thanksgiving, not because of a fancy meal, there was none. My dog did get a special treat or two. What made it so great was my beautiful little dog could curl up in my lap, we could relax and take that next breath and listen to our little heartbeats.:) :)

I won't tell a long story, just that we had a brush with eternity, that I will not soon forget. To those that posted well wishes and prayers, I will be forever greatfull. To all members of this board, you are a wonderfull bunch of people, thank you all for sharing some of yourselves with me. Have the best holiday season ever and BE BLESSED. Roy

BTW: THe power has been on and off for about an hour, it may go off again.

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Welcome back Buddy and not a moment too soon!

BTW I'd like to hear the story if you're up to telling it.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Preacher said:
Welcome back Buddy and not a moment too soon!

BTW I'd like to hear the story if you're up to telling it.
Would you believe 12 tornados in one night.:eek: :eek:
And thanks.:)

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll try, the first tornado touched down right in front of my home, did a good bit of damage to my property but the home was spared. They called in all firemen so I got on my bunker gear and grabbed my dog and headed for the fire station.

We were checking on people and clearing roads, while driving down La.464 the second toranado hit. A big oak tree came out of the sky and smashed into the cab of Caney4 ( my big red truck ) one branch came trhough the windshield and missed my head by about 4 inches. It took a while to get out.:eek:

Then the tornados just came and came, so far I know of two fatalitys. We will be cleaning up for weeks.

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Wow, close one. Sounds like you had an angel on your shoulder. Speaking of Angel, here is ours.

BTW the wife wants to know what kind of dog you have?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Australian Terrier. His name is Buddy.

BTW: Cute little guy you got.:) :)

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Lupe,

Thanksgiving Day Indeed,

Glad you both survived, that was all waaay to close!

Great dog, for some reason he reminds me of the Welsh Terrier I used to have. Not very big but all Heart, Love and Courage!

Good Luck! :)

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Right after I posted last night, I found out the new well that I put in last month, is gone. That will cost.:bawling:

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
Lupeloff said:
Right after I posted last night, I found out the new well that I put in last month, is gone. That will cost.:bawling:
Yeah but at least you and Buddy are still with us..........sorry about your truck and well Lupe.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
DorGunR said:
Yeah but at least you and Buddy are still with us..........sorry about your truck and well Lupe.
Thanks my friend, the parrish will pay for the truck.:)
I will pay for the well.:grumble:

·
Premium Member
6,900 Posts
Lupe, so glad to hear that You and buddy made it through it alright.

Wells and fire trucks can always be repaired/replaced, not so for You and the little guy.

Happy Thanksgiving.

·
Code name: Felix
6,361 Posts
I was going to call you yesterday but I've been sick like a dog, I spent Thanksgiving on bed. So you got power back, that was fast.

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
aviator said:
I was going to call you yesterday but I've been sick like a dog, I spent Thanksgiving on bed. So you got power back, that was fast.
Aviator.........sorry to hear that you're under the weather........hope you feel better soon.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
aviator said:
Yep, it came on late last evening, it's been on and off. Now to get this well going again, tired of bathing out of a 5 gallon bucket.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
SangRun Hunter said:
Damn Lupe! When I read the post about the weather the other night I said a quick one for ya'. Glad I did ! Glad to know you're okay too.
No matter what anybody says, prayer WORKS, thanks my friend.:)

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Lupeloff said:
No matter what anybody says, prayer WORKS, thanks my friend.:)
I'd be willing to back you up on that!

·
Gunco Irregular
4,323 Posts
Lupeloff I'm glad to hear you and buddy came through OK. And Aviator I hope you get better soon.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts