Gunco Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Been lurking here for a while. Here's my fresh rebuild of a MAADI MISR 90. Just need to thread the barrel........
Started out as a neutered thumbhole stock plain jane MISR 90.
Norrell's Moly Coat flat black finish, refinished furniture, US compliance parts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: Archer2!
Thats a fine looking rifle there. Making a silk purse out of a sow's ear IS possible I guess.

·
No Member
1,941 Posts
I've got one of those and despite what most people say,it's a better shooter than my Wasr. I have the barrel threaded but still need the stock replaced.Does yours have the slanted receiver with the closed back?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It did have the closed back....until I cut it out with my Dremel! Yea, it also is a slant cut reciever. The stockset is for a straight cut reciever and just modified a bit.......not a great look, but useable.

·
Gunco Irregular
4,323 Posts
archer2 said:
It did have the closed back....until I cut it out with my Dremel! Yea, it also is a slant cut reciever. The stockset is for a straight cut reciever and just modified a bit.......not a great look, but useable.
You did a ice job on that, I think it looks good. Welcome to the board Archer2!!

·
Registered
517 Posts
WELCOME ARCHER!!

fine looking work on the Maadi. Ive always wanted one of the slant back receivers to match my tatoos... Nice job for sure!

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I have a MISR ( MAADI ) also but mine has the standard cut receiver . I put a Nato lenght stock , Saw grip , and and new gen Romanian ( lever ) operated side folder on it . I agree it is a good shooter . Not quite as good as my 5.45 but dam good.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the comments. It was a fun rebuild, and I learned a lot doing it. Believe it or not, this AK gave me the confidence to build an AR15 from scratch, a project I'm currently working now. It will be an early (1960's Viet Nam) M-16 clone....Having a lot of fun doing that one too......

Thanks for the welcome. :thankyou:

archer2

1 - 10 of 10 Posts