Gunco Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would anyone happen to have a good idea for taking the slack out of the the sides of the mag well? The trunion is up against the lower rails and fits fine, but the sides of the mag well are approx. 3/32" of and I have alot of slop in the mag. Everything operates ok, it's just the wiggle of the mag that driving me nuts.
I was thinking of maybe soldering a beed of silver solder on both sides then finishing. I'm just not sure how well it would hold up becouse of the thin metal. It's a thicker "Global trades" 1.6 though.
Thanks,
-Shadow-

·
1,763 Posts
I have heard of some attaching a spacer of some sort inside the magwell. A possible cause of the looseness may be an extended distance of the front trunion from the mag catch. If it's riveted it wouldn't be advantageous to tighten it but if you screwed it then you may could slot the holes slightly and move it back. Then a couple touches of SS on it to keep it all in place.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What I did was I tryed a thicker mag then normal. And filed the edges down slightly by accedent. The trunion is in its correct place It will not go any further.

·
1,763 Posts
mm, the ole "filed it" trick, The silver solder seems to flow pretty well once it's hot enough, that may be a solution, I don't know if you could get much depth that way . But it's sure worth a try. How much did you file off? Do you think you could get enough on it to be worth doing it?

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, I just tryed it. I heated it up and put an extremely small bead on the bottem of the well. Cooled it off and filled it down. You can't even tell, So far so good. Now I guess I'll see how long it lasts.
Thanks,
-Shadow-

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
a gunsmith buddy of mine presses in the dimples around the mag well a little farther in, and it stops the side to side slop of the magazines.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts