Gunco Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have some info on the history of the Makarov? I was wanting to know particularly about when it was designed and first issued. Any other pieces of trivia would be appreicated.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks much. Looks like it was designed in the late 50's. Did the Soviet Army use the Mosin revolver up until the Makarov was born?

BTW, I visited Makarov.com before. Very nice and informed guys working there. They seem resonable on the Makarovs, but everything else seemed a little high to me. I will pay extra to support local bussiness but only to a point.

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
mbakercad said:
Thanks much. Looks like it was designed in the late 50's. Did the Soviet Army use the Mosin revolver up until the Makarov was born?

BTW, I visited Makarov.com before. Very nice and informed guys working there. They seem resonable on the Makarovs, but everything else seemed a little high to me. I will pay extra to support local bussiness but only to a point.

Tokarev TT was used in between, but the 1895 Nagant was made until 1950 or so. You know the Russians, they never throw anything away! They re-arsenal it, soak it in cosmo and then sell it to whoever 50 years later.

http://world.guns.ru/handguns/hg20-e.htm

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks again!!! I have my history lesson for the night. I have seen forums for the Tokarev TT but never knew what it was. Now I know. This came up while shooting the Mosin Nagant 91/30. I got to wonder what the issued side arm of the time was. For WWII I figure most would have the Tokarev but still some Nagant revolvers floating around.

BTW, the Makarov if newer than I thought it was.

Sangrun, you have a Nagant revolver right? What is it chamber for?

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
mbakercad said:
Thanks again!!! I have my history lesson for the night. I have seen forums for the Tokarev TT but never knew what it was. Now I know. This came up while shooting the Mosin Nagant 91/30. I got to wonder what the issued side arm of the time was. For WWII I figure most would have the Tokarev but still some Nagant revolvers floating around.

BTW, the Makarov if newer than I thought it was.

Sangrun, you have a Nagant revolver right? What is it chamber for?
Good question! I don't know! Hotbarrel told me to shoot 32 SW longs or 32 H&R and I bought a box of SW today for tomorrow. I'm shooting it for the first time tomorrow.

They call it the 7.62 Nangant and Wolf will be importing new cheap ammo for it this summer.

The 32 SW longs seem to fit, but slightly lose. Hotbarrel is not the first person to tell me about the 32 SW long either, so I trust that. Century and other places sell a .32 ACP cylinder for the Nagant and I'm thinking of getting one just for the heck of it Hopefully this new wolf ammo will be cheap though and from what I hear the original load for the 1895 was pretty decent perfomance wise.

Well, off to bed for me, so I can go shoot tomorrow.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts