Gunco Forums banner

Mauser ?

2K views 21 replies 6 participants last post by  Custer 
It depends on what you want. The standard 98 action is the most poplular and then there is the M48 which is a version of the 98. I have 2 and 1 is great then other was a gunsmith special from Century. The barrel was a stovepipe and it might be an okay shooter. Then there are Swedes which are supposed to be the nicest and I had one which was a really nice gun, but ammo was harder to come by and expensive.

Turks can be nice, but many are beat to hell. Persian Mausers in GC are truly nice.

There are all the other lesser known 93-95 actions too. If it were me I would get an M48 in GC again or a K98 capture you can actually inspect first since they can be good or bad shape. VZ-24'S are nice too if you don't mind the straight bolt.

For bent bolt the 48 is probably easiest to find right now.

I actually ordered an Enfield from AIM Yesterday myself (Sorry Lois) Same price except $10 extra for micrometer rear sights on a No.1 Mk4. It's not that I don't like Centerfire (I do) it's that I buy a ton of stuff from AIM and they are 30 mins away too.

My first No.1 Mk4 is a fine shooting rifle and was my first real C&R when I got back into the gun thing 3 years ago.

Rule .308 said:
Do you mean a N0.4 Mk1? I don't think there is such a thing as a No.1 with micrometer sights on it is there? I ordered up a Canadian Longbranch from Lois in hopes of it coming in with no micrometer sights. I'd like to own just one Enfield with the early flip style sights.
Yeh, I had it backwards, DOH! Hehe.... :smile:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.