Gunco Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought we should have a thread over here too.

Everyone ready for the shoot on Sunday?

Watcha gonna bring?

My list:

2 AK's
1 SKS
2 M48 Mausers
1 Enfield
1 Nangant M44
1 1911
1 1895 Nangant pistol
1 .22
1 Shotgun

Lot's of ammo!

I could bring more, but I think I should keep the list down.

Targets:

2 Laptops or more depending
Clay pigeons
Some popcorn tins
Misc PC parts

Whatever else I can find.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
I'm not sure since I don't relish cleaning everything I own, but it might be something like this:

AK
AR
Garand
Chinese SKS
Yugo SKS
Mosin M38
Mosin M44
Mosin 91-30
RC K98
M48A

I think I'll leave the handguns at home, but I suppose my son will have a Glock 22C, a SA .45 Mil Spec and a Yugo SKS

·
Registered
32 Posts
I was only planning on bringing a couple of rifles of the same caliber & a couple of pistols of the same caliber. I enjoy shooting all the various weapons that I have, it's just gotten to be a big PITA to haul around 15 different types of ammo everytime that I go to the range. So ....

Yugo SKS
Yugo 24/47 8mm
Yugo 24/52c 8mm
Turk Mauser 8mm
HK P7 PSP 9mm
HS2000 9mm

Of course that is subject to change at any time up to the point where I pull out of the driveway ;) .

·
Registered
369 Posts
I am going to bring my Polytech underfolder and Laminated SAR1 with a lot of ammo. Lock and load and scan your sector.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
Hey Sang.

You familiar with field stripping a Garand by any chance?

I've not shot it yet and that pristine rifle worries me.

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Custer said:
Hey Sang.

You familiar with field stripping a Garand by any chance?

I've not shot it yet and that pristine rifle worries me.
I have no idea! If my Dad was around he could do it blindfolded, LOL!

Seriously he could! He was telling me it's still vivid in his mind from his Army days.

There is an old weapons book I have that shows how different ones break down. I'll take a look at it tonight and see if it has decent instructions for the Garand and if it does I'll photo copy it at work.

You know you might want to have a look at www.surplusrifle.com for instructions.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Custer, I have a M1A and it is the son of the Garand and it can not be much harder except for the magazine part for the clip. I boought a AGI video for my M1A and it was 95% garand and 5 percent M14. It would be grate for you to watch. What do you have to trade for it? I also have a boat load of M16 mags that are new USGI with the Bushmaster upgrade kits in them. I sold my bushmaster it had the Mini Y Comp and it busted my eardrums with ear protection on. I only used one mag and the other 6 are never used with the other hardly used.

I think it is going to be a perfect day.

·
Registered
78 Posts
If the weather treats us good, I'll prolly bring...

L1A1
No4mk1
No1mk3
Danish Madsen
AR
Coupla pistolas too...

Wanted to bring my snipers down, but 70 yards won't be much fun for them! :D

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
bigblock said:
Custer, I have a M1A and it is the son of the Garand and it can not be much harder except for the magazine part for the clip. I boought a AGI video for my M1A and it was 95% garand and 5 percent M14. It would be grate for you to watch. What do you have to trade for it? I also have a boat load of M16 mags that are new USGI with the Bushmaster upgrade kits in them. I sold my bushmaster it had the Mini Y Comp and it busted my eardrums with ear protection on. I only used one mag and the other 6 are never used with the other hardly used.

I think it is going to be a perfect day.
I downloaded a video from a surplus rifle site and it is pretty good. Of course, the problem is my PC is not in my garage where I do my gun cleaning!

Sadly, I don't have much in the way of trade items.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
SangRun Hunter said:
Anyone heard from Sheldon? He said he would come a few weeks ago, but I haven't seen him around the boards for weeks now.
I've seen him posting on gunsnet a few times this week.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
SangRun Hunter said:
Send him a PM and remind his you haven't already.

BTW: Waht time did we settle on? 10:00 -10:30 AM at Krogers?
He posted yesterday that he will be there unless it rains. Since there is only a 20% chance of rain, I guess he will be there.

Meet at Kroger at 10:30 a.m.

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Looks like I'll have 4 old broken laptops to bring to the shoot now. Gotta love stuff that has been written off and lost for years. :D

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
All the ammo is loaded in the car along with targets. The mags were loaded Thursday night. The guns are set out and ready to go in the car in the morning.

I'm set and ready! :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts