Gunco Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found something of interest over at Brand X yesterday ..... thought I'd share it with you all. I don't post this to start trouble but I do find it ironic seeing how dimwit called this place "deadco".

If you look closely at this attachment there seems to be a new hack over at brand X making it appear as if there are more members online than there really are. I've noticed several members are showing up 2, 3, even 4 times. I've circled a few to get you started, how many more can you spot? The attachment shows 490 online users but I believe "The largest gun board on the web" is closer to about 200 users online....you decide. ;)

Attachments

·
Visiting MOD
2,141 Posts
it happens because people forget to log out when they leave the board or they have multiple windows open that display the board in the MULTIPLE windows.

·
Premium Member
6,900 Posts
Besides the ones you highlighted, DrugRunR, Highroad, richard simmons, Noah Zark, bettendorf, mojo bob and bsllvn, are all listed multiple times.

I gave up after that.

G

·
The forum software should only record you once no matter what you are doing. It records your IP and cookie info just once. It doesn't matter if you have 5 windows open here or not, you will not see your name come up 5 times.

They either have a hack installed or there are major software issues going on with his install.

There are many things you can do with the different forum software packages.

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
I don't have a clue. But it seems they are having a major glitch with their software right now. It could be because of that.

·
Gunco Irregular
4,323 Posts
scubadvr said:
I saw the thread name and thought it was about me. Ohooooooo :eek: :eek: :rolleyes:
:lolup: :lolup: :lolup:

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
scubadvr said:
I saw the thread name and thought it was about me. Ohooooooo :eek: :eek: :rolleyes:
Can't top that one. Congrats!

·
Registered
770 Posts
I know you can still get the site in their old format, but your attachment has a date up top of 1-10-2004. Isn't that like a year old. Just looks like a software glitch to my uneducated eyes. But who am I to say, I just run another slow little board.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
db3443 said:
who cares? :sleep:
Point taken. Seems to me that there's been a longstanding episodic running flame war over there against some other site, don't know which because didn't care. Hope this place doesn't begin emulating Gunsnet in that regard.

·
Registered
276 Posts
:) States my feelings about that latest "glich", and keeps me in the running for most posts. I think I'm in second or third? Ever hear the story about the "glich" who stole Christmas? Well, it started long, long ago, on a website far, far away..................

·
Poof no eyebrows
1,421 Posts
And here I thought that this thread would be about some of the old timers on the board talking about how they had to walk 5 miles uphill in 20 ft of snow to get to school, and then 10 miles uphill in 30 ft of snow to get back home.( i've actually had someone tell me this)

·
Registered
396 Posts
Actually that was a known problem (Feature) in VBulletin v2
but there was a hack for it. Supposed to be taken care of in v3 which is what they use. Then again maybe not. Who really cares.
Caught my interest due to the odd behaviour of the app.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
:dunno:

I hesitated to reply ....

But, maybe some of the members had multiple personalities?
:bangin:​

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
klauss said:
And here I thought that this thread would be about some of the old timers on the board talking about how they had to walk 5 miles uphill in 20 ft of snow to get to school, and then 10 miles uphill in 30 ft of snow to get back home.( i've actually had someone tell me this)
I wouldn't want to exaggerate. It was uphill both ways but the snow was only 10' deep.

Whenever it reached 30', they would cancel school.

Then we would go out and shovel driveways for a buck a piece.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts