Gunco Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Probably my favorite TV series - not shown in the US now.

There are plans for a Miami Vice movie with Colin Ferrel and Jamie Foxx reprising the roles of Crocket and Tubbs...

Somehow, our theaters have become graveyards for TV series and classic movies. I suspect the new Vice movie will pale in comparison with the series, as did Charlie's Angels, Mission Impossible, etc. It will be art imitating art, which is always artificial.

No one can replace Don Johnson as Crockett. Frankly, I never found much to like about Johnson, but his portrayal of Crockett was convincing. I doubt I was the only one who suspected he could easily change to the other side, if not for something intangible. Whatever it was caused him to sacrifice his personal life while flirting with and resisting the dark side of his nature.

The show had a look, sound and feel to it, which today's generation can only envy, not reproduce.

Can't wait for the show to come out on DVD.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Yep, liked that show. I really liked Lt. Castillo ( Eddie ).

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
I liked Miami Vice..........I also liked the show where he played a San Francisco cop with a teeage daughter. What the hell was the name of that show????

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
I like nearly any sort of vice.

·
Code name: Felix
6,361 Posts
The show brought a lot of money into Miami , all these high paid actors were living here and they all needed their fancy hi-fi and video projectors installed so we made a lot of money (that was my previous business as a factory service representative), but out of all them guys, the only decent human being was Mr. Olmos, whom I had the pleasure of meeting a couple of times.

I did watch the show a couple of times.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
One of the few celebs I new very well.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I liked that show.

and She is a cutie!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Yea, that was a great show and the other show he payed in was Nash Bridges. I liked that Ferrari spider he drove in miami vise.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Crockett had looks and style ... fast cars and a gun. Some might say he had it all, but he was estranged from wife and daughter. I remember one episode in which he expected to die. He parked his exotic sports car, got out and made a call on a pay phone ... to them. He wanted to let them know he loved them, made it typically short, unable to do more. Sort of gave perspective to it all. Yeah, the series had some gut wrenching moments. It wasn't all glamor and glitter, though it was better at that than any other show before or since.

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
magnus392 said:
It is all perspective:D MV was never my cup of tea, but in the 80's GiJoe and Transformers were;)
mangus, you must be about my sons age...................and you still ain't right.:biggrin:

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
magnus392 said:
23 going on 24 in March:D I know I ain't right, but least I am good at what I am:)
Dang.........my son is 29. Well at least you're good for something.:biggrin:

BTW mangus, perhaps you mentioned it before and if you did I missed it but what part of Texas do ya call home?????

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My oldest daughter is a couple of years younger than you, Charlie, so she wasn't exposed to Miami Vice, either. I think she'll get hooked on it when I get the DVDs of its first season in February.

·
Code name: Felix
6,361 Posts
Lupeloff said:
One of the few celebs I new very well.

I had one of his autographed pictures too, but being the "organized" person I am, I lost it during the remodeling of my previous business.

·
Loaner
5,358 Posts
AClay47 said:
My oldest daughter is a couple of years younger than you, Charlie, so she wasn't exposed to Miami Vice, either. I think she'll get hooked on it when I get the DVDs of its first season in February.
Aww, well I hope you both enjoy it;) Hey AClay I am single if she is! :D (I would so not to that to you man) DorGunR I am from NETX bout 80miles east of Dallas

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Castillo was my favorite or Eddie as Lupe calls his friend.

I've always had terrible acne all my life and I figued if he could make it with acne scarring that bad I could too. James Woods is another actor I always liked because of that as well.

It's stupid, but I was a teen in the 80's and teens always need some kind of hope that life is not hopeless.

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
I can't believe nobody mentioned the Bug Van that Zito and Switek drove around.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
I mostly watched the A-TEAM growing up. That was the show when I was a teen I suppose. I block out alot of that teen stuff I went through.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
aviator said:
The show brought a lot of money into Miami , all these high paid actors were living here and they all needed their fancy hi-fi and video projectors installed so we made a lot of money (that was my previous business as a factory service representative), but out of all them guys, the only decent human being was Mr. Olmos, whom I had the pleasure of meeting a couple of times.

I did watch the show a couple of times.
That guy created a dark, brooding tone that was quite incredible for TV. Always struck me as a man that knew he was facing a problem that was impossible to solve but he was going to keep at it and do his best.

A serious man.

Otherwise, the show was, as I once heard, MTV Cops.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts