I know their are a couple guys following my project so here is a quick update. I mounted the scope mount to the reciever. As I thought I used the spare mount from the real romak build. I fit the mount to the side and drilled a hole in the back of the mount ware their was a spot weld. the center hole is directly on the cross rivet so I welded to the rivet and filled uo the hole in the reciever. next I welded through the front hole , when I saw the reciever flow I added fill rod. I kept the heat to it and added fill rod till I had filled the entire hole and ran the weld into the sides on the hole in the mount. I did the same thing in the rear hole. The rear hole was the only one that I could see the back of because of the rivet and the trunion with the other two. The rear weld came through the reciever a littel bit so I smoothed it out with a die grinder. this looded good to me and proved that I got full penitration with the weld. I think the mount is on prety solid. sorry ,, no pics. till the scope is in.