Gunco Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I took a real look at the kits we got and was suprised to see a mixed parts kit. We got them from InterOrdnance(which were on backorder for a year) and I am disappointed. Not a single matching number. I suspect they threw together what they had to make these "kits". Everything is in excellent condition though. I wonder if anybody else got the same thing from them. I can't complain though because my buddy bought it for me as long as I helped him build his. Can't look a gift horse in the mouth. The furniture was also mixed. Nice bakelite lower handgaurd, but the upper handgaurd and the grip are some real cheap looking plastic. Too cheap. I would like to get a blonde wood set, any suggestions??
UnderFolder

·
Registered
133 Posts
Agree

Yes, I have an InterOrdnance Romanian kit that the parts are in excellent shape, but very few matching numbers. The stock & grips were all brand-new light (tan?) brown plastic, which I haven't decided if I'm going to use yet or not.
I'll probably just end up putting them up for sale, as I prefer the wooden-stock
look for my AKs. Or at least black plastic. (Don't show scuff marks as easily!):wink:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Tanker. I thought it was just me. I expected matching numbers for some reason. Oh well, at least all the parts are excellent. Although to me, the plastic(except the bakelite lower) look a little toy like.
UnderFolder

·
Registered
133 Posts
UnderFolder said:
Although to me, the plastic(except the bakelite lower) look a little toy like.
UnderFolder
Yes, I think that's another reason that I don't like them. And they are a lighter
brown than the bakelites, so it really looks cheesy. I'd even thought about
painting them, but I doubt that it'd stick.

Plus, once it gets scratched, it'd probably look like crap.

·
Registered
704 Posts
I got a Romanian kit like that over a year ago.That stockset is e.germen .I sold mine and put on some used furniture my buddy took of a Sar-1.

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks to all. And Droog, that's a sweeeet looking rifle. Maybe with a little patience mine will be close.
UnderFolder

It's not an assualt rifle, it's a Homeland Defense rifle!!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts