Gunco Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is your current Mode of Transport to get you to your camping spots, fishing holes, and trailheads?

Im not talking about quads or dirtbikes or horses, I mean your main vehicle that gets you from your driveway to your basecamp/starting point?

My old one was an Isuzu Trooper II, but I beat the thing completely to death.
It made it through the deserts around Moab, UT. The mountain firetrails of central Oregon, and the muddy, rutted logging roads of Washington State. It was laid to rest last January. God help the poor sod who owns it now.

Last August I picked up a Ford Bronco, But I haven't had the chance to take it camping yet. I was supposed to right after I bought it but I had to re-order the Thule Rack bars in order to have it carry my canoe, so I ended up taking my wife's Toyota Corolla with a 16 ft canoe strapped to the top. It was quite a sight.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I am going Elk Hunting this weekend with one of my huntin buds and his son. This is what I'm drivin out west to camp.

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Where I fish at you have to use a 2cycle engine: left, right,left, right,left, right.......

·
Registered
102 Posts
1984 Dodge prospector 4X4 with a 360...

This baby and me been a few places, Ill never sell her....

DB she looks kinda funny with my 16ft canoe on top as well...

·
Gunco Irregular
4,323 Posts
My wife's '94 Jeep Wrangler. It is almost as good as my old '75 Land Cruiser (RIP).

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
My dad has a 2002 Toyota Tundra to pull the Pontoon boat with and then we boat out to "our" island to go camping. of course we got the Seadoo GTX Bombardier for little trips back and forth to land. :thumbup1: This year I may splurge for my own jet ski or boat--haven't decided yet.......lol

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
I use a F-350 Ford 4x4. I normally keep just a cover on it. But, when I go on long term camping trips I put a topper on it so I can carry lots of gear.

I got an old rusty bent up boat trailer and repaired it and converted it into a trailer to haul my canoe or kayaks.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I can't believe 2 of you guys said 78 Chevy's.

That's what I use.......worked on the engine some, 33" tires, 4WD.

Of course, it's also my work vehicle, my weekend vehicle, my taxi...........

·
Premium Member
7,143 Posts
For me, I like to drive my 93 VW Eurovan with over 211,000 miles. It is great for hauling camping gear, guns and ammo, plus family members.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts