Gunco Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Master Endmill Breaker
1,367 Posts
Yeah! Like I'm going to be able to sleep tonight after seeing that pic.

Thanks a lot, Zoid! (mumbles curses under breath)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Ya know, spiders don't normally bother me much but those buggers are NASTY !!

·
Registered
34 Posts
A guy I used to know told me a story about being on a scouting mission at NTC and accidentally blundering into a cave full of tarantulas. While I know they're not particularly aggressive, I still don't want the bastards all over me. :scared:

·
Registered
52 Posts
I've come across these things in Kuwait and in the Yuma desert. They're super-fast, and have a temper too. If you manage to corner one, it'll face you as it backs away and rear up at you, and it opens its 4 jaws. Very intimidating. When I was on duty one night another guy and I managed to catch one in one of our maintence buildings, so we looked around outside until we found a tarantula (they are super docile unless you piss them off, we picked them up all the time) and we put the two together in a bucket. All the did was try and get out until we corralled them together, and every time the camel spider would bite the tarantula, and the tarantula just winced as a drop of clear blood came from the bite. Well I guess it had enough, so the next time the camel spider bit it, the tarantula gave it one good whack with it's big fangs and that was the end of that. The camel spider just convulsed for a few minutes before it died.

And I won $5 :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts