Gunco Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
7.62x39 said:
How dare you you question the mighty and powerful OZ?
Poor guy only made it to 5 posts, before the hammer fell.

http://www.gunsnet.net/forums/showthread.php?t=220012
I hsd just been reading that thread at Brand X. It does seem that his welcome was somewhat less than cordial. They jumped all over him. I was puzzled to the reaction. Maybe, not everything that they don't like can be attributed to trolls.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Probably not the best initial post with which to endear yourself to a new site, but nothing that would warrant banning.

Related quibbling over terms: Somewhere there is a distinction between trolling and beginning a thread to get a reaction. I think everyone who begins a thread is hoping for a reaction - I know I do. And I am not a troll, even though it is obvious that you others here hate America.

·
President for Life Field Marshall Doctor Bluedog D
1,604 Posts
As rusty said, the guy registered with an email that read: [email protected] I would have dumped him too. He was obviously a trouble maker.

·
Class 07 FFL/SOT
6,297 Posts
Stupid is as stupid does.

·
Premium Member
6,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't think you can register without a valid email addy.
Every site I've registered at requires you to reply to a validation email to activate the account. Same as here.

I assume the guy went back and changed it after he registered and started receiving all the grief.

With the pile on attitude they have over there, how long do you think it would have been before he started receiving nasty emails?

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
In fairness, the place is going to attract some pure trolls and you have to deal with them or the place gets cluttered with them.

As gunco gets more well known, I suspect the fine people who run this place will have to deal with more of it.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Oh, gee, I've just gotta translate this A'la Campybob:

User Info

Guns Network
Platinum Contributor

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by frerk
I am sorta in the boat with the thread starter and most of you guys are ridiculous in your responses. The wolvie remark was a bit retarded, but other than that what did he say to make GNS call him an idiot? Shrug, that is the reason I dont "donate"...plus the ugly fluffy green stuff I have to login to make go away. If you really dont want us around just make the whole site "donation" required, seems to be going that way anyways.

Follows from GNS
frerk, I say your (Uh, that'd be "You're") a kid with a chip on your shoulder. As far as the "green stuff you HAVE to"... comment... Pal you don't HAVE to log in if you don't want to, LOL and we don't want your kind of money either.(What? Are you kidding me? You haven't turned down any I'm aware of) You know if you kept up with current affairs on this website then you would know you HAVE options concerning how you look at the website. We offer you 3 different style options. I suggest you do a search or look up in the Forum Suggestions and Website Support, up above for how you do it. (Or, I suppose, you could have listened to your paying members who mostly HATE your new look......and change away from it.)

frerk as far as the ?most of you are ridiculous responses?, you are so young aren't you!(What does that have to do with anything?) This website used to be COLD BLOODED(What, like Reptiles?) and maybe I am to blame for toning it down.(I'd say that is unlikely. You set mods on people like trained attack dogs.) I am glad to a point that we do have folks like you questioning why some members treat others disrespectfully.(Yeah, so I can ban your ass for speaking out.) Nothing wrong about asking! It is obvious thou by what everyone posted.(Obvious thou.....what??) Some here are tired of the trolls who come here just to stir the crap and you would to if you came to the General Discussion more often.(Maybe watching someone be ragged mercilessly for speaking is why he doesn't go to GD more often!) Most who complain are those who do nothing to make a change!(No, most who complain are banned. As you are about to be,) People want something for nothing and they are at the wrong website with that kind of thinking. (Yes, only I, the great, am allowed to get something (money) for nothing (other people's build info, which I lock them out of till they pay me! MUHAHAHAHA!)

We have certain measures in place that take some time to get use to, like posting urls or posting for sale ads when you need a minimum of 50 posts no matter if you are a contributor or not. We have these measures in place for security reasons. Guns Network is not a small website any longer folks, we have grown and in some cases we are bigger then some city's some of you live in.(Oh, really? I guess that's why you feel like it's your right to levy taxes.) Think about that for a minute!!!!! We have daily problems, member problems(Or is that...Mental problems? Egomania anyone?) on a daily basis and yes we have crime like some folks signing up just to sell crap that does not exist.(only SPONSORS like Jokin' can sell stuff they don't have here. I don't mind if I get a cut, you see) So we put in the 50 post minimum rule to protect the majority of members. We also have other forms of crime we deal with everyday.(Oh, please. You brag about being all hard and cold blooded, then whine when CRIMINALS are attracted.) Keep in mind while we do this all of my staff are volunteers(FOOLS!) and we all have full time professions and jobs to juggle while running Guns Network.(It's so nice of them to donate their time for free so Thornton doesn't have to put too much of his precious time into extorting his members.) So if we don?t get back and respond to a post or PM it might be we are at the office or whatever.

Folks are so used to being at different websites, so when they come here our guidelines might be more strict. Why??(Cause I've locked everything down unless you pay for it, that's why.) Cause we are 20 times the size of the website you just came from.(And you know this......how?) Whatever works for one website my not work here and vice versa. You get away with more crap at smaller towns verses living in a larger city.(Not the small town I lived in, you didn't. The cops knew who the bad guys were and kept an eye on them. Actually, you wind up putting up with more crap in a big town. Ask anybody in LA, New York,Dallas, ect who come from small towns.) Same can be said for our website. Our rules and guidelines are more strict then at most websites due to our size.(And my greed, of course)

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Nah, the guy that started it is already banned. The rest is just thorn-bots piling on the guy. Sort of like Hyenas attacking a crippled antelope that can't defend itself anymore.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts