Gunco Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With my Mosin on the way, I have been thinking about the kick of this rifle. I heard it is stout. Not wanting a bruised shoulder, I got to looking for slip on buttstock pads to help lessen the felt recoil. I do not want anything that is permanently mounted. Are these available? Do the help much?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I cannot see how it attaches, just wondering if it is something that is easily removed? Where can these be found? Do they help much?

Thanks,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,413 Posts
mbakercad said:
I cannot see how it attaches, just wondering if it is something that is easily removed? Where can these be found? Do they help much?

Thanks,
It just slips on and that one was bought at Walmart. I helps very much!


I cannot remember the name of the brand, but it's a major company. They come in different sizes and medium fits the Nangant. It won't slip off and it's nice too because you can just take it off and it doesn't alter the rifle.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got ya, thanks. When I asked about slipping off what I was concerned with is the altering of the rifle. I do not want somethign that is going to scratch, gouge, or otherwise screw up the finish on the stock.

I will be on the look out for them :smile:
 

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
Joined
·
19,433 Posts
After about 50 rounds, I had to roll up a rag and put it under my shirt. I had enough pounding where I was starting to flinch.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,413 Posts
Custer said:
After about 50 rounds, I had to roll up a rag and put it under my shirt. I had enough pounding where I was starting to flinch.
Shooting the 2 M48's I brought gave me a pounding since they had no pads. I was happy to have my pad in the M44.

Pachmyr was the name of the company that made the pad in the pic above.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was broswing Walmart and they had one that looked very similar to the one in the pic above.

I took the Mosin out this past Saturday for the first time. After shooting it for awhile I switch over to the AK. For the first time, the AK was even causing pain. It got to the point were I didnt' want to shoot rifles anymore, I finished off the day with handguns. I know why now, my shoulder is still bruised. I will be getting a recoil pad :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,413 Posts
mbakercad said:
I was broswing Walmart and they had one that looked very similar to the one in the pic above.

I took the Mosin out this past Saturday for the first time. After shooting it for awhile I switch over to the AK. For the first time, the AK was even causing pain. It got to the point were I didnt' want to shoot rifles anymore, I finished off the day with handguns. I know why now, my shoulder is still bruised. I will be getting a recoil pad :)
Yeah.... You have to be pretty tough or numb not to notice the recoil from the old bolt action rifles.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
I put small slip-on recoil pads on my C&R rifles and they fit tight with no slipping. You can get them from Brownells for $8.32 each using a C&R license.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top