Gunco Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Pictures taken early today at the area shooting range. I'm the handsome one on the left Anyhow, had a good time. Went through some ammo and didn't even get a bruised this time. I took along a t-shirt to throw over my shoulder for extra padding. It helped a lot.....I really need to get a recoil pad.

All three rifles are Aztec Mosin Nagants. Two 91/30s and a M44. Pictured mine is the one on the left. I paid for hand select and hex reciever. I'm really happy with what I got, great rifling and a 1930 model (one of the least produced years). The other 91/30 and M44 are the standard Aztec guns, no hand select etc. They both look really good as you can see in the photos.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
sounds like a fun day. you have a few nice nagants
you guys have some nice green too, the trees are barely starting to but here

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It has turned green here almost overnight. I love this time of year :)

Just to clearify, I only have the Mosin I'm holding. The other two are owned by the guys pictured. Actually I'm a little proud of myself. I got reading about Mosins and started talking to a few co-workers. Both of these got theirs because of me :) Guy in the middle got his C&R too boot!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Nice looking trio of Mosins, I only wish the Russians had gone with 10 round mags. I'm sure you guys made plenty of noise just the same! :hugegun:

Those Aztec varieties look pretty darn nice, I'd say 75% of the Soviet Mosins I encounter at shops and shows around here have much lighter colored wood. I've noticed quite a bit of variation from the many countries but I like the looks of those. Their prices look pretty good too. Hmm, if this Tapco group buy doesn't fly this week maybe I'll have to try an Aztec. (I've been hoping the AK folder/forend would be an option for the Group Buy but another x54 is pretty tempting. I'd still hang with the Group Buy at Tapco, I'd just have to spend close to the minimum to maintain the ol' budget)

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SkullFarmer said:
Is that the Kanawha State Forest range?

If so, you probably rattled the yuppie mountain bikers a bit. :D
Yes it is. Funny this is that I'm one of the bikers too :scared:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts