Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HAHAHA!

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Cephus said:
Yea and when I tell her you made a year older than she is she's going to kick your arse.
all the way up around your ears LMAO I'll tell her you wanted an older woman.HA HA HA HA HA
Naw, I'm the old man here and I got her young. She reminds me all the time that I got a few years on her.

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
SangRun Hunter said:
Naw, I'm the old man here and I got her young. She reminds me all the time that I got a few years on her.
You too huh, Sang............I'm 14 years older than my wife.:)

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
I married an older woman and I never let her forget it.

By one month.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
by one month......lol oooooooo you got time on your side eh?!:lol:

that's cute....my parents are 4 years apart--daddy is older and she never lets him forget it either.....lol

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
While on the subject...

It's 4 years for us which isn't much in teh grand scheme of things. I did almost rob the cradle before Mrs. Sang. I was 24 and I started dating a girl on her 18th birthday. We waited untill she turned 18 because her parents were a little strict and I didn't want to get in trouble. That lasted 3 years and then I met Mrs. Sang almost right after I broke up with the prior girl. 9 months later we were married and that was 9 years ago when we started dating.

Our first born was born on the same date as our first date.

We got engaged on Mrs. Sang's birthday May 17th and our son was born on May 18th. Mrs. Sang's mother died on the 19th of May 2 days after we got engaged. She never knew because she had slipped into a coma from her cancer.

Lot's of bittersweet memories for us.

Such is the tapestry of life, right?

My father in-law remarried on September 8th 2001. No one ever remembers their anniversary. Since my wife's birthday is so close to her Mom's death she is often forgotten by her Dad. I imagine that will get better as time goes on.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
My daughter was married on 9/13/03 and I guess you just have to focus on the celebrations of your life and not always world events.

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
Custer said:
My daughter was married on 9/13/03 and I guess you just have to focus on the celebrations of your life and not always world events.
Custer.......your daughter was married on my birthday.

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
SangRun Hunter said:
I was 24 and I started dating a girl on her 18th birthday.
I did that two with a couple of exceptions. I was 26(2months from 27) and I married mine a year later. There's 9 years between me and the wife, 13 years between my in-laws, but the real kicker was my grandparents. My grandfather was 32 years older than my grandmother.

·
Gunco Irregular
4,323 Posts
Well almost on subject....I was living with my wife before we got married and her mom called her every weekend and always asked "when are you two getting married? After about 4 months of hearing this every Sunday I just jokingly said Aug. 27th off the top of my head. I was just kidding her, and didn't think anything of it as I thought she knew I was kidding, but the following week when she called she told us that her and my Father n law had rented the place for a reception and gotten plane reservations. So I asked my wife if she would marry me. (I considered us married/commited already). Fortunatly she said yes. So then I called my mom and invited her and told her the date, and she was quiet for a minute and then said "well I hope that date works better for you than it did for me." My parents had been divorced for nearly 10 years and I hadn't even thought about it, but it was their anniversary. My parents both came we had a pretty good laugh about it. Going on 23 years so it did work better for us!

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Great story Gendeljaeger!

My father in-law didn't know we were engaged for 6-7 weeks because my mother in-law died 2 days after we got engaged. My wife had moved back home to care fo her mother and 3 months after she died she got married to me. I'm sure that is the main reason my father in-law is just now starting to be nice to me after 9 years. My wife was married briefly before me and she's a real mature person that her Dad really never had to worry about. It didn't help that I was taking his only relative living with him away. I feel bad, but what can you do? We even talked about postponing the wedding a year.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts