Gunco Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and my buddy, an ex-Pro surfer, sat down one day and designed a little 5'3" tri-fin for Rachel's 6th birthday. Since she loves dolphins I went into the linen department at wal-mart and bought some material printed with some dolphin scenes. We cut out a piece of the fabric and layed it out onto the bare foam blank, then glassed over, and a little airbrush and walla, she now had a one of a kind custom surfboard.
Then my ole surf bud, while I wasn't looking, wrote her a little note onto the bottom of the board before spraying the final shot of clear. Kinda choked me up a little when I read it, hopefully she'll keep it long after I'm gone.
Oh,,,she loved it!:D

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
Stingray..........I'll bet she can't wait for summer to try it out.:)

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
I hear boys knocking on the door Stingray!!!

·
Registered
102 Posts
stingray that board looks great and shes a sweetie. iam part owner of a surfboard company in so.cal. ive been making boards and surfing for more than 20 years man iam old. PM me and ill send her a sweat shirt they should be done in two weeks and she is the same age as my son. i had some sweat shirts made for him she can have one if she wants. rick

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mike said:
stingray that board looks great and shes a sweetie. iam part owner of a surfboard company in so.cal. ive been making boards and surfing for more than 20 years man iam old. PM me and ill send her a sweat shirt they should be done in two weeks and she is the same age as my son. i had some sweat shirts made for him she can have one if she wants. rick
WOW Rick, that's nice. Thank you!:)

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
mike said:
Rick, is your shop in Huntington Beach????

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How 'bout some pic's of some boards Rick!:D

Preacher,,,,,,,,,,I don't want to think about that!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Rick?where's your shop? I'm the art director of a surfing magazine in Santa Barbara and we do stories on shapers, stores etc. We are always looking for stories?

·
Registered
102 Posts
our shop is in san diego. double action a surfer who likes ak s your just a ******* surfer like me. rick

·
Registered
136 Posts
Us cali gun lovers have to stick together. Rick, you ever come up this way? We should hit the range sometime. Not too many ******* surfers here?

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hahaha, we've got no less than 3 ******* surfers here on Gunco. Sweet!:D

·
Registered
736 Posts
Preacher said:
I hear boys knocking on the door Stingray!!!
I hear Stingray racking his shotgun.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Rick, PM me with your surfshop's address and I'll send you our latest issue.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts