Gunco Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Gunco Samurai
3,340 Posts
Sweet!!! Glad to hear they work well for you.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Are all of those rivit builds? They look awesome! Glad to see some of these flats completed into weapons. Lets have some details on what kind of finish, rivit or screw builds. Inquiring minds want to know. And welcome to the friendliest AK forum on the web.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well Thankyou all for the warm welcome, i'm very happy to be here :)

They are rivet builds except for the pistol, it is all riveted except for the center support. I didn't have a center support handy so i made one up from a bolt.

The finish on the Polish Underfolder and Pistol is simply rustoleum 7220 textured finish. Helps hide the flaws lol. But i only painted the receivers these were like new kits so the barrel etc. didn't need painted.

FWIW i go by tom2147 on most boards but that nickname was boring even to me :)

One more thing since building those rifles i finally invested in a spot welder for the lower rails. The above rifles lower rails were puddle welded in using a cheap flux core wire welder. What a mess to clean up and alot of grinding.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Very nice. I love the wood on the PMKMS!!!
I am bound and determined to get some wood to retro fit onto my AMD 65.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Diverdown your avatar is HOT, i'm gonna have to get me one of them! :thumbup1: Thanks for the nice comments guys :)

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
AKaTom said:
Diverdown your avatar is HOT, i'm gonna have to get me one of them! :thumbup1: Thanks for the nice comments guys :)
That avatar is one in our catalog. Check it out! I made like 800 of them for the board. I love to see them get used and I know of no other board that has such a selection.

·
Registered
158 Posts
AKaTom said:
LOL!! Thanks. This is one of the few forums where I am allowed to use it.

·
Registered
97 Posts
:welcome: great builds! beautiful wood. did you re-do it,or was it like that when you bought the kit? i just got a kit & all of the wood sk's. gotta re-do it all.:sick: rusty

1 - 20 of 25 Posts