Gunco Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope my wife approves:

Shotgun Shell Lights:

You need a string of white mini lights, the brighter the better. You also need some shotgun hulls, cleaner is better. I used Winchester AA?s (red) and some Remington Hulls (Green), but any color will work. If you look around, you can find all colors, expecially if you don?t limit yourself to just 1 gauge. I have a pile of hulls in the garage, some yellow, orange, purple, silver, black (which don?t do me any good for this), blue and some clear, aside from the red and green. So, you can make a multicolored set if you want. All you have to do is fold the crimp back into the hull. Then push a light down past the folded in crimp and the hull should grab hold of the light. Presto! You have a string of shotgun lights to adorn your Christmas tree.

Brass Garland:

To really set off the shotgun shell lights, you need a string of brass garland. You must have thousands of pieces of brass around your workshop. All you need to do is run it thru the tumbler and deprime it. Then get some real fine wire and string the brass together. You need to line the cases up mouth to headstamp. The shiny brass looks real nice on a fresh green tree!

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
I am under strict orders to get off my butt and go out and get a tree today. I should have done that last weekend but I mowed the grass and went to the range.

Of course, since I waited I have to do this when it is 30 outside and a mix of rain and sleet.

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A few years ago, I saved up all my Copenhagen lids and Coors bottlecaps. I punched a hole near the edge of each, and hung them the Christmas tree with fishing line.

I hope she likes my new idea better.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
I can say with absolute certainty that my taste in Christmas decorating will not see the light of day in the Custer household.

·
Class 07 FFL/SOT
6,297 Posts
Christmas tree ....ornaments?

You guys need some serious counseling.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Pogo said:
A few years ago, I saved up all my Copenhagen lids and Coors bottlecaps. I punched a hole near the edge of each, and hung them the Christmas tree with fishing line.

I hope she likes my new idea better.
Hahahaha, you're hell Pogo!

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Jingle bells
Shotgun shells
Rabbits all the way
Oh what fun it is when Pogo saves the day

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
When I was single and had 2 roomies we put up a tree that had nothing, but beer cans, bottles, hunting knives, pistols, condoms, cigarette packs, and other assorted guy things. Somewhere I have picture of that tree along with pics of some of those parties we had as well......

That was the same year we had a Kegger on Halloween and it snowed. Of course we built a snowman over the keg on the porch and he had a pumpkin head. Those were the days. We had a blow out on Halloween, the night before Thanksgiving, the day after Thanksgiving, the day before Xmas eve, Xmas ever itself and of course New Years eve. Ah, the day of worshipping the beer gods and loose women. Glad I lived through it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts