·
Registered
8,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Favorite bird.............

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Love the hummingbird. Had one show up last January, in the garage. IT was trying to feed from an empty feeder I had hanging there. Filled up the feeder and it fed for two weeks and then took off for parts south. Once saw a hummingbird moth feed. It looks just like a hummingbird but instead of having a long beak it has this big probascus that rolls up like a new years horn and feeds. strangest moth I've ever seen. Only seen one. I'm supposed to feel blessed for just seeing one.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
I like DorGunR's choice best!

And pheasents or grouse are great eating.

But I'm incredibly fond of Owls, they are truly marvelous birds.

They're smart and they are fierce.

Used to have a big Snowy Owl hang out at my house every winter.

Absolutely beautiful creature. And big, much bigger than you think from pictures.

He (or She) got to where you could walk up to about 5 feet away, even if it was eating.

Then it would just look at you, and you knew you didn't have guts enough to take another step.

That stare of theirs goes right through to the bone.

·
Registered
138 Posts
When I was a kid, me and a buddy were walking in the woods sucking on blow pops. Behind a huge old tree we found a baby owl standing on the ground, we offered it the sucker and it tried to take a bite. Very ironic considering the old sucker commercial: "How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop". Something ill never forget.

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Too bad you didn't have a camera Bud, you probably could've sold the pic to Tootsie Pops for millions!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts