Gunco Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I figured it was time to stop talking and start building. I would probably be banned if I showed up at the Reunion without my own AK47. So I orderd a couple of AMD65 kits. I'm going to try a pistol buikd for my first one so I don't have to worry about compliance parts. Both kits appear to be in good shape.

·
Gunco Samurai
3,340 Posts
Go to it man!! I need to get off my butt and build my 74.

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Too late, I've already started. I have a couple SKS's, and other various rifles. So I didn't figure an AK would be out of place.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
What kept ya, you'll have fun and something cool when you are finished.

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah WC, since it's his fault I may have to go pester him for a few pointers.:)

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
preacher, I've been squeezing info out of him for over a month. now its your turn..

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got tired of fighting the PC so I worked on my kit. Here's an updated pic. I still have some filing to do on the top pf the reciever so the bolt will glide a little easier. And I still have a little cutting to do on the holes. More updates as I progress.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Are you riviting your kits? You will be happy when finished with it. Looking good so far! Keep up the good work.

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
mbadboyz said:
Are you riviting your kits? You will be happy when finished with it. Looking good so far! Keep up the good work.
This is my first build, so I'm using screws. That way if I need to take it apart and do some tweeking here and there, I will be able to. I figured I'd get a few under my belt before trying rivets.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Its your rifle but I have done both and rivit is the way to go. Are you going to pull the barrel to tap the trunion? It would be a good idea. Good luck!

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm not real sure. Once I get that far, I'll be going to see Cephus for some pointers. I don't think he pulls his barrels though.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Let us know how its going and keep us update with the pics.

·
Registered
233 Posts
dammit, now I want a pistol too. Saiga handguard and a birdcage flash hider would be nice. A good scope and I could deer hunt with it here in OH.
:thumbup1:

·
Registered
681 Posts
Preacher...
I don't mean to be nit-picky.... but.....
If you take pics of your kit, they must be on the WASHING MACHINE, not the chest freezer. I guess it's a Gunco thing, right, Sang? LOL
The AMDs are nice kits, Preacher. You'll be happy with them both, and Cephus is a Great guy to draw info from. He's one of the most knowledgeable guys here.
Keep us updated!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts