Gunco Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well im hooked on building , seems like everywhere i go im thinking will that work for my build lol.

so far ive got 1 polish underfolder front trunion rivets removed finishing up on the rear , trigger guard rivets removed folder disasembled,

amd kit front trunnion rivets removed rear, rear started , trigger guard came no rivets

I bought the fair kit polish at ohio rapid fire , liked it so well i ordered a second yesterday to bad all he had left were the poor but he said the one hes sendng was graded poor cause it had slight surface rust so should be a ok
so that will make me 2 polish underfolders

i ordered the amd from bocefus and as soon as i get my funds built back up im gonna order 2 more

im on the joking GB for russian kits on the other board but i dont see that happening been way to long but @ 85 bucks i signed up for 1 of each
some guys never learn lol

I was looking for some us Gas pistons found some for sale on here BTW you funds went out yesterday ,

i have a few questions
1 ive heard the trigger groups that ship with the kits are better than the us replacements ? would it make more sense to use these triggers and replace say 2 more parts , mag floor plate and follower .

2 ive decided that im gonna screw the front trunion and rear trunion and rivet the trigger guard with a jig im gonna order this seems like the best way and from my opinion cheapest as i wont have to buy a press to remove the barrel

3 ive thought about getting one of those 6 ton a frame presses from harbor freight there like 50 dollars i think would that be enough to press the flats

4 on flats my only concern is attaching the rails . im not a welder the guys at work would probly do it for me but im not to sure of how that goes legally
would that be someone else manufacturing ?

5 im pretty sure ill go with the oow recievers now that i think about it because if i figure 50 for press 140 for a jig plus 5 flats 75 dollars not including shipping thats $ 265 and ive got to harden them and i cant trade or sell if i needed / wanted
i can get 5 oow recievers for 350 tranfered .

im currently building funds up for the parts i need wifes gonna kill me if i dont slow down for a bit lol .
in the meantime ill be finishing removing the rivets and im gonna start cleaning the wood up on the polish kits
these are the parts im looking to replace i know i dont have to do them all so im debating which ones depnedong on the condition they are in when i get to that point ie .. one of my pisotl grips on the polish is chewed up

Polish
1 reciever
2 gas piston
3 trigger
4 hammer
5 followers
6 floorplates
7 muzzle break
8 pistol grip
Amd
1 reciever
2 gas piston
3 trigger
4 hammer
5 mag followers
6 extended brake
7 floorplates
8 pistol grips

ill try and post some pics as i go any links to molyresin works would be appreciated as i really like the look when its done plus id like to do some of my ar mags in it

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
lol yea i keep thinkign about gettin the press but the welding the rails and hardening are my major concerns ? is there a way t odo the rails other than welding . how hard is it to harden ive read somewhere all you have to do is it heat hte metal till 300 degress then dip it in a bucket oil ? how do you measure three hundred degrees ?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ive done a few ars myself , where abouts you at in indiana

·
Premium Member
6,900 Posts
Kail said:
ive heard the trigger groups that ship with the kits are better than the us replacements ? would it make more sense to use these triggers and replace say 2 more parts , mag floor plate and follower .
First I have never heard anybody claim that a original trigger is better than a G2 or equivalent. You may be confusing these with the piece of crap FCG that Century uses when they convert the SAR's.

Second, the original FCG is FA, using it is asking for trouble, even without the third hole.

Lastly, the FCG counts as three parts, so you would need more than just floor plates and followers to make up the difference.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts