Gunco Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Toys that I brought home to celebrate Bush winning the election today or to fight with if Kerry should win.
The M-44 is a 1945 Russian and I just couldn?t pass it up at just $69.99, with four boxes of Wolf ammo it all came to $94.33 out the door. The Garand belonged to a friend and after keeping it a virgin for over ten years he sold it to me. He owned four Garand?s, this was his favorite and had kept it for his old age but the need for some cash did him in. He never fired it even once. Paid $650 cash and it came with a new never mounted fancy Walnut stock set. Can?t wait to shoot the Garand, I have a thing for the .30-06 cartridge but have never owned anything in that caliber.

Attachments

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I find that even though I have a damaged right shoulder as I get older I like the recoil more than ever before. I?m into shooting Mausers and Mosin Nagant?s and find them OK as far as recoil. I did however sell my Thomson Center, Super 14 Contender in .30-30 because of having Carpal Tunnel, it hurt to much to shoot. I?ll get out and shoot the Garand in a few days and (I hate to do this) I?ll slip a recoil pad on if I have too.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Thats a great excuse to buy a gun. I was more likely to buy one if Kerry won. Luckily with these election results I still have some time to pick up when I get the money. Both look great BTW. :thumbup1:

I really like the Garand but know little to nothing about them. Who is the manufacturer?

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It really didn?t matter who won because I wanted the M1-Garand. It was between the Garand and a FN-FAL, so being a loyal American (Unlike Kerry) I went for the best battle rifle ever made in the US, besides I like the fact its in .30-06 not .308. I wanted brute power and I wanted to stay with WWII era weapons. So now I?ve got rifles from all four major powers. U.S.- 1- M1 Garand/by Springfield & 1-M1 Carbine. England- 1-#4 mk1 Enfield. Germany- 4 Mausers, 1-Wartime P-38 & 1-postwar P1. Russia- 1-91/30, 1- M-38, 2- M-44?s. Love them all, but after getting my first military gun I can?t say, ?Teddy?s car has killed more people than my guns? like I could before.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
That is a beauty.

The finest firearm I have in my collection is a 1945 SA Garand with all matching parts.

I treat it like a '65 Corvette and only drive it on sunny days.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I have a M1A and a 03A3. I need a M1 Garand to fill in the gap.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts