Gunco Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a welcome space! It is good to see familiar names!

Okay, I just heard something and want to verify....can we use a Vulcan receiver for a PMKMS underfolder if the hole only nicks the K in the serial number (mine is K0000xx)? The mechanism will cover part of the number but still be there.

Is this permissible?

It's good to be here.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Dennis,
18U.S.C.922(k) states:
Is shall be unlawful for any person knowingly to transport, ship, or receive, in interstate or foreign commerce, any firearm which has had the imorter's or manufacturer's serial number removed, obliterated, or altered or to possess or receive any firearm which has had the importer's or manufacturer's serial mumber removed, obliterated, or altered and has, at any time, been shipped or transported in interestate or foreign commerce.

·
Premium Member
1,290 Posts
All my not be lost, Global Trades is supposed to be releasing a new AK receiver within the next week or so. Thicker (1.6mm) material, no word yet where serial number will be though. It may be worth a try.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, the thicker metal is interesting. The $12 fee for machining the front and the rear trunions is nominal. When you think that a Vulcan cost around $40 and the Global should be around $75-80 (?) the extra $24 machining costs makes the receiver pricier than others.

Still, I'll probably be in for one just to see what real quality looks like.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
global told me their reciever would work with a welded folder. I now forget ware they said the number is but it is noware wear the stock mount :rockin:
a bit more pricy yes. I think I am giong to have to buy one and another polish kit

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Many of you may have read the news on another board. Vulcan, the current value priced receiver, is supposed to move their serial number to the front, out of the way of the underfolder.

This is welcome news and a potential money saver.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Has anyone yet received one of the new Vulcan receivers? I'm interested in seeing where the new serial number is and how the quality is on them.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Cammer said:
Has anyone yet received one of the new Vulcan receivers? I'm interested in seeing where the new serial number is and how the quality is on them.[/QUOTE

To your question directly, no. However I was told by a good source that Joeken has received a small amount of receivers. They are the ones with the old serial number location (no good for underfolder builds). The expect the balance of the shipment soon.

·
Registered
15 Posts
They are supposed to get the new ones tomorrow. I heard that Vulcan (hesse) used to be owned by his father ( a real machineist who set up all the machinery) and thats why the individual parts are good, but that hesse jr. is a lazy, unskilled oaf with unskilled high schoolers helping him build. They turn nice recievers and parts into crappy guns by trying to save a couple of bucks. I use the vulcan recievers and some of their individual parts, but wouldn't buy a gun assembled at vulcan. Anyone see his "build team" at the shot show? I guess in a couple of years they'll be old enough to buy a pistol. nice new forum you guys have here.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts