Gunco Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
in the blueridge mtns
8,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Semi shotgun. Any thoughts on magazines?

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I'm your huckleberry! Heh, I'm awake its almost lunch time here and I'm supossed to be working.....Shhh, don't tell asnyone I'm screwing around on the gunboards.

I bought a Saiga 12 a while back because Obama hates em. Thats all I needed for an endorsement. :)

I tried to buy some of them 20 round drums from MD ARMS but they were sold out at the time so I got some 10 round stick mags and some 12 round drums and I think 15-18 round drum mags and they work fine although the drum mags are heavy.

I hear SOMEONE even makes a 30 round drum mag now. That thing most likely looks like a 55 gallon drum and most likely weighs that much too when its loaded.

i DON'T SHOOT THE THING THAT MUCH, I'm saving it for Armageddon. I'm a pump guy and Most of the time around the ranch I use the Remington 870 and I have a nice Mossberg 500 too.

·
in the blueridge mtns
8,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think he ordered 10rd.css magazines for it. He's been into AR's and this is the first AK for him. That sucker has to be heavy loaded and so far i'm having no luck convincing him to get the pistol grip and stock. Mumbles 922 stuff and i'm saying you are adding U.S. parts. Geez.

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
They really aren't all that appealing to me honestly, I don't really have a use for one to be honest. I have shot one a couple times and they are kinda fun, but just of no use to me. Hell I barley use the shotguns I have now for Christs Sake. Only occasionally where only shotguns are allowed for hunting and occasionally for birds.

I do know one thing though,,,,I sure wouldn't want one at today's price point,,that's for DAMN sure!!!

·
aka: SDK1968
7,741 Posts
ive had one that we converted for years.. its a great gun that i paid too much for & put too much into. LOL what else is new?

i do run MikieD's drums & not the "other" brand that stole his design..

one of the guys on this site turned me to the different gas plug for it & the gun eats anything you put in it.

is it as fast as my Benelli? NO

is it as smooth as my Benelli? NO

is it a 12gauge AK shotgun with a drum? YES & thats all you really need it to be.

·
3/6 Infantry
4,766 Posts
quote from duti-

ive had one that we converted for years.. its a great gun that i paid too much for & put too much into. LOL what else is new?
LOL! I feel your pain! Every time I look in my spare parts bin and think "I could build another gun for not much $" HA! By the time I pay for all the niggling little parts I could have bought a brand new gun...
I have a saiga 12, fun, fun, fun. I run these 8 rounders, they work great. SAIGA 12 SUREFIRE 8RD MAGAZINE SGM TACTICAL AGP My one and only youtube vid, 5 round mag [video=youtube;A0PvOGpi4Bw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0PvOGpi4Bw[/video]

·
in the blueridge mtns
8,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I guess if we ever have a gunco get together i'll be the only one that used to own a 410 Saiga. With grey hair.

·
aka: SDK1968
7,741 Posts
quote from duti-

LOL! I feel your pain! Every time I look in my spare parts bin and think "I could build another gun for not much $" HA! By the time I pay for all the niggling little parts I could have bought a brand new gun...
I have a saiga 12, fun, fun, fun. I run these 8 rounders, they work great. SAIGA 12 SUREFIRE 8RD MAGAZINE SGM TACTICAL AGP

huh & here i thought it was only me who overpaid for stuff all the time. LMAO

& thank you for that link.. i dont have any of those.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts