Gunco Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well not 100 percent, but most of the visible parts of this gun were captured in the 1991 Gulf War. They were stripped from an old Chinese AK captured in an Iraqi bunker. The before and after pics are shown. The symbols on the stock are an Arabic number ("886" I think). The sling was real dirty and the stain I'm pretty sure is a blood stain. Mounted now on a legal to own gun that I bought just for this project :

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0TwAAAHUV4Cwmh4qhmEeP45lCV2ka*fF!EQIq4gKV2i*SuN66eZubvnQa9xA*anaKudGllOpgO2nsQJp*orcBX5VyyIJ!k6i4TfkUz9URMbG10l8x0UDB4w/IRAQ%20AK%202.jpg?dc=4675497151510202448

And a modern photo from latest war showing a whole bunch of the same pigsticker Chinese guns :

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0WAASAyIZ3lkC3g5ULZMQN*kshEA*yZoDC8APeDp4b3V4Vf7zvcTCppG6MjYqg1wfx1mTDoNi45AZ31gh5cXDDt1Jfh10kFkzSOLv898n*32x6D*ItBD4jmgbzbTj0F01LgAAAP****8/Iraqi%20Weapons%202003.jpg?dc=4675497151564064519

Enjoy

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
wow , I want one ,,,, hell I want two or three

·
Registered
102 Posts
very cool!
I had a friend send me a Republican gaurd stamped AK strap last year...
It remains on my first SAR1 to this day...He found a grip of them in a bunker in a box marked with chinese markings..
Awesome pics!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yosuthnmasa said:
Very nice. Where were you able to secure the parts for the build?
I bought all of them, including a bayonet from a different gun. The AK bayo has Arabic script on it, not translated yet. I've been to three 7-11 stores but they all say it's a different dialect than theirs.

I had those parts for 8 months before I found the AKS to mount them on finally.
And I still work with the guy who originally brought them back from Iraq.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
LMAO, 7-11 stores. I need to talk to some of my buddies who have friends in Iraq. Wouldn't that be cool to have them bring home a few chopped up Iraqi captures. Wonder how hard it is for them to bring them back over, though.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
yosuthnmasa said:
LMAO, 7-11 stores. I need to talk to some of my buddies who have friends in Iraq. Wouldn't that be cool to have them bring home a few chopped up Iraqi captures. Wonder how hard it is for them to bring them back over, though.
It can be done. Thats all I can say. My friend and I brought home 2 gold plated .45 caliber pistols from Noriega's stash after the Invasion of Panama. Very nice pieces.

My grandpa sent home to my grandma piece by piece his M3 Grease gun from the Korean War. My uncle has it right now and it is beautiful. Im trying to talk him in to giving it to me. Its been 10 years and he still has it.

·
Registered
508 Posts
That is just...

Too Sweet! I am truly envious.:thumbup1:

(there are just too many damn forums here, havin' a tough time catching up on missed posts!)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts