Gunco Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought it today!

Izznt she purty?
She's a stainless birdshead Ruger Vaquero in Colt .45 with Black Micarta grips and a 4 5/8" barrel.

I actually went tin to buy a S&W .38 snubby, but this was only $30 more!

Unfortunately, I cant pick it up for another 7 biznis days because I've been too lazy to get my CWP.

·
Gunco Irregular
4,323 Posts
I 've never liked the looks of the Birdhead gripped Single actions before but that Ruger may have changed my mind, it is a good looking gun!!! The black Micarta goes great with the stainless.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
D.B, are you going to keep the micarta grips or are you going to get some custom ones?

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
D.B., have you fired it yet? Wondering what you think about the characteristics of the birds' head grip.

·
deactive ~ and in trouble
1,781 Posts
Yesterday I saw a pic of a Ruger with dark dark jade grips on it. It looked sharp!

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dzerzhinsky said:
D.B., have you fired it yet? Wondering what you think about the characteristics of the birds' head grip.
Love it, accurate as a Rolex.

The birdshead grip fits my hand like a glove, but a friend with a larger hand didnt care for it because his pinky was sort of hanging in space.
Pogo, Im thinkin' Ill keep the micarta grips on, unless they become damaged, because its sort of a limited edition type of thing, plus, the shiny black on shiny stainless is one of the attractive features that led me to buy it.
Another aspect I appreciate is it's uniqueness of design. Its not like a standard grip, which everyone-n-their-uncle has. Its got per-son-ality.

I just picked up a box of 300Gr. Bear Load to run through 'er, and see how she handles those hotter loads. (seperate thread on this to come ...now)

·
Registered
258 Posts
thats a cool pistol. i have a ruger super blackhawk in .44 magnum. i am going to try and get another super blackhawk in 44 mag at the next show with the short barrel. i shot a friends with a little hotter than factory reloads and the muzzle blast was awesome. its almost like it was gonna jar teeth loose lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts