Gunco Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was the first peice I moded back in 1992. It's getting kind of stale and it needs to be redone soon.

The ejection port mod was worth every bit of the time it took. The brass no longer come down on me and into my shooting glasses burning the skin around my eyes!

I learned that mod from the 1911 Bible or Handbook? I can't find the book right now.

·
Registered
844 Posts
My New One!

Cool! So what other mods are you planning on doing?

I decided to get started on that Officer's sized top on a full sized 80% ss frame and just got the rails cut and slide fitted. More parts are en-route and I'm going two tone (blued top/bright stainless frame).

Attachments

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I'm thinking I want new slide with the serations in it again. Years ago I bought a ambidextrous saftey that I need to adjust a little. Last year I got a scope mount for it too and I need to finish it because it's a raw casting.

It needs a barrel too and I was thinking of getting a compensator. It's not that I need one though. For some reason I'm one of those rare individuals who can shoot the 1911 and the recoil doesn't bother me even in rapid fire I can really nail a target with a good center mass group at 80 feet on the pistol range.

Tapco had some plastic surplus barrel bushings too that I got and want to try.

·
Registered
68 Posts
SangRun Hunter said:
I'm thinking I want new slide with the serations in it again.
I was gonna ask, but mebbe you liked it. CDNN has(had)original colt slides, they were series 70 with the large roll mark. The price was right and they looked good. It's been a while since I first saw them, dunno if they're still in stock?

·
Registered
844 Posts
pmbiker said:
I was gonna ask, but mebbe you liked it. CDNN has(had)original colt slides, they were series 70 with the large roll mark. The price was right and they looked good. It's been a while since I first saw them, dunno if they're still in stock?
Speaking of that CDNN slide, I have one and am selling it. It's a really nice slide and it comes with a springfield armory stainless barrel and all the parts for the slide. It has a cmc drop-in rear sight as well...can't remember what kind of front sight it is. The slide and small parts are teflon coated with very little holster and slide/rail wear (coating wear only) and will probably have to be stripped and re-finished. The total retail value for this upper is about $250.00.

If anyone is interested, give me an offer and we'll work something out. I put about 600 rounds through this piece. Just send me a PM and I can take some pics and stuff for you...

Co7t

1 - 5 of 5 Posts