Gunco Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Gunco Samurai
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got one of the new AKM microclick Mojo rear peep sights from Powercustom yesterday. I had some trouble at first thinking it may not work since the RPK rear sight base has an odd square depression exaclt where the elevation screw needs to push off of. After putting the fine adjustment screw out almost as far as it could go I managed to get a good sight picture. The stock rear peep has a (internal?) diameter of .150". On the RPK with the 24" barrel this becomes a large sight picture and I can see the front sight guards just within it. I think this is too large of a sight picture so I'm going to order the apeture pack that includes inserts to make it .120" or .090". I'll have to experiment with both to see what I like. Now, I also want to order the front sight windage drum from Ace LTD so I can use an AR15 front sight blade. That's where I need help. What front sight would be good to use in this sight configuration? I'm considering a tritium front sight or a fiber optic (firesight) type. Anybody have some suggestion? Other comments?
:thankyou:

·
Gunco Samurai
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This is pretty interesting, it would give a tandem apeture sight picture....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts