Gunco Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
oh boy here is my chance to be the firts post in a forum. so here goes
I started with a SAR1 hay what did I know I was new.
I built four polish kits from global all with differant assesories. thanks to you guys know how.
nwxt I built my AMD63 {thank you lois}
and finaly my Romak111 {lois again} nice but costs more to shoot :mad:
I see so many differant variations I will never be done building. thanks to the great guys here. the technical info is helpfull but the positive attitude I get form you guys is realy what got me started.
I think I love lois and her great deals.

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
I have a Romanian build, (not a SAR) and a MAK-90. I have some peices and parts to make a few other too, but I won't get into that here.

Had an NHM-91 years ago too, but I sold it.

·
Registered
582 Posts
hotbarrel said:
oh boy here is my chance to be the firts post in a forum. so here goes
I started with a SAR1 hay what did I know I was new.
I built four polish kits from global all with differant assesories. thanks to you guys know how.
nwxt I built my AMD63 {thank you lois}
and finaly my Romak111 {lois again} nice but costs more to shoot :mad:
I see so many differant variations I will never be done building. thanks to the great guys here. the technical info is helpfull but the positive attitude I get form you guys is realy what got me started.
I think I love lois and her great deals.
Pix, we need pix. Inquiring minds want to know!!

I'd love to see some of your builds.

·
Registered
825 Posts
#1 Polish Folder...rivet build (OOW)
#2 Polish Fixed...rivet build (Hesse)
#3 AK-74...rivet build (Vulcan)
#4 AMD-63...first screw build (Vulcan)
#5 AMD-63...second screw build (Vulcan)
#6 Romak...rivet build and first build to use Xebec's press (I can't believe I waited this long)

Future builds :)
#7 and #8 RPKs with coldsteel's receiver blanks.
#9 VZ-58..........very future :mad:

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
man that looks nice. how did your reciever work. did it require a lot of final tweeking or was it SMooth to start.

·
Registered
25 Posts
hotbarrel said:
man that looks nice. how did your reciever work. did it require a lot of final tweeking or was it SMooth to start.
Hotbarrel
Thanks for the compliment. Actually, it didn't require much tweaking. I spent a fair amount of time making sure that the bolt carrier functioned without binding by hand filing the upper rails before I completed the build. The only tweak that I had to do afterwards was to thin the selector stop plate because the .125 thickness of my receiver caused enough of a drop in the mag release/trigger guard to cause a feed problem. I thinned the plate to get the rear of the mag back up where it belonged. The rifle fires flawlessly now.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I have three AK type rifles they are SLR-100H with the new walnut stock set(built by Gordan Tech),Romanian SAR1 with laminated stock set, and a polytech underfolder with spike bayonet. :notworthy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts