Gunco Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
She brought it home the other night, just for a suprise. Quite nice of her. She's a great lady. The movie is Tombstone, and she noticed it when she was at Walmart, and knew I was on a cowboy kick. We just got done watching it a few minutes ago, and I'd have to give it a thumbs up. Not the best movie I've seen recently, but still quite good.

In comparison to Open Range, I'd give Open Range a 9+ on a scale of 1-10, and Tombstone a strong 7.

So much for Pogo's movie review for the week. :D

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Is that the newer one with Val Kilmer in it?

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Preacher said:
Is that the newer one with Val Kilmer in it?
Yep, that's the one.

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
I liked that one too. I thought that was the one, but there's alot of 'em about the OK Corral.

·
Registered
40 Posts
That is a great movie, I am kind of a movie nut myself. We literally have thousands of movies at my house having a 3 year old will do that to you.

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Taz38 said:
I like that movie too--Doc Holliday :naughty:
I somehow had a feeling that you would like him. He's one of those kinda guys your dad wouldn't approve of. :D

·
President for Life Field Marshall Doctor Bluedog D
1,604 Posts
Taz38 said:
"I'm your huckleberry" :smoke:
As soon as I saw what this thread was about, I scrolled down so I could post "I'm your huckleberry", but no; I can't. I have to settle for "your a daisy if you do".

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You like the anti-heros don't ya Lupe? :D

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I like the trend that some of the westerns in the last 20 or so yrs have done. That is to be more ture to the period as to tack, firearms and such.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
A few years ago my wife and I spent a day at Tombstone.

Some of the things in that town were very interesting but the actually fight site was really a disappointment and very cheesy.

Someone needs to buy that and put it into some reasonable historical shape.

On a side note, when we were there, some major biker event was set for the next day. I think they call it something like Hellderado or some such thing. They were starting to arrive while we were there. Quite a contrast to see the bikers in that old west setting. Scared the hell out of my wife.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Other modern classic westerns:
"Wyatt Earp" w. Kevin Costner. Made at the same time as Tombstone, but the unvarnished truth about Wyatt and what really happened at OK Corral. "Tombstone" is lifted from the local newspaper version of what happened, which is so much ....uh....horseapples.
"Monte Walsh" with Tom Selleck. 'nuff said.
"The Long Riders" which used real-life brothers to play real historical brothers. There is some absolutely awesome cinematography in this movie, and a really good story.
"Silverado". My favorite western fable.
"Unforgiven" w/ Clint Eastwood. An authentic movie, that removes the gloss from the old west. Brutal and ugly in places though.
"Tom Horn" W/ Steve McQueen. Just a darn good movie, and one of the first to really start with some sort of authentic gear and weapons.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts